73 Chevelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 Chevelle

Here's the new project. 1973 Chevelle, 250 inliner, 3 on the tree, manual steering and brakes. I've got a new tremec tko 600 in a box in the garage and I'm thinking crate motor. This car came from Roanoke, Virginia. Anybody know the car. I'd like to get some history.

Re: 73 Chevelle

Wow, that car is a sleeper, who would ever expect it to have a six? How about you drive it around a while as is and see how it does....and take it to a few cruise nights, etc.

I only say that because I get to drive around a 6 powered 70 Camaro, and it's slow but fun! although I do have a few other rides that can get up and go, when I have the need for speed.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is cool....I wouldn't touch the outside. I would put a NASTY sbc in it....

Keep us posted.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

total major sleeper, looks super clean, nice score.

I had NO idea 3 on the tree was still being produced in the 70's!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

put a lugana front end on it with the side window louvers and add a 500hp 454, then call it a day.
          for some reason i've always liked those cars. maybe because i passed on a chance to own a 4-speed one in high school
          and i think i've regretted it ever since.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I second that...

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              I had NO idea 3 on the tree was still being produced in the 70's!
              I met my wife when we were in college. She had a 70 dart with 3 on the tree, and she got to unstick the linkage every now and then. And her roommate's sister had a mid 70s nova with 3 on the tree, and I got to replace the shifter bowl on it.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I appreciate all the ink. I also have a 63 Chev truck with a six and three on the tree that quenches my need to go low and slow. As far as driving it the way it is for a while and taking in some cruise nights, I live in the great white north. I will try and drive it for the next two weeks and then into the garage for the winter. The paint and interior are good enough to run untill the power train is sorted. We're planning on power tour in '10. It may still be wearing the patina if I don't get sick of it. I'll keep pics coming. Don't hold your breath, I work slooow.

Comment

Cool 8).Now there are at least 3 Chevelles from this era here on this forum.You should be glad there are a manual trans already.The clutch linkage for these cars are VERRY difficult to find.

And your car looks supernice.

Mine are a little more scruffy....

Comment

Compared to yours, mine's an outright beater. Good score!
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hey Blazer Team, great video. I've watched that hundreds of times. My buddy and I used to race these cars on ovals. I've thrown away every part I need now in restoring these cars. I have a set of pedals, Z bar and rods for theses cars. I was going to put the tremec in my 74 auto untill I scored this car. They may end up on e-bay. Let me know if your interested. By the way my buddies car is a 307 three on the tree. Hard to believe we found two.
                      Hey Remy-Z, your car looks great. I've got a 10' by 20' container full of used and some NOS parts for these cars. Let me know if anybody needs anything. Here's a picture of the 74.

Comment

Hundre times .I feel like a celebrite

Is this your 74?.Looks good.

So you have parts for these cars..What do you have?I havent got anything right now that i miss..Got some new rubberstrips for the side windows the other day..one Nos and the other fine used.

I have more plans for the suspension and engine-trans.Too bad i want use a manual trans.Would have been a score those parts you got.

Do you have pics from those oval days?

Comment

Cool car. I've never seen a post 72 Chevelle without pwr steering and brakes. Must be very rare.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The beauty of a good camera...you don't see the roof rust under the vinyl top. <big grin> I don't know about parts, if you've got a whole guage package dash or floor-shift setup I may be interested.

Where do you find such clean examples?!
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Remy.Your Chevelle has a nice stance.Looks like its hiding a 540,but that is not a violation for me

Comment

Working...
                              X