'70 GMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70 GMC

Just wanted to throw this out there, as some of the stuff we talk about actually does get done. This is the truck that the RV cammed 350 from the tech thread is intended for.

We actually made some progress with it, and installed the engine and trans Saturday afternoon. The engine is a '72 350 I bought complete for $200, and came with a recently rebuilt carb, new HEI, and all the brackets and pulleys I needed. The '66 Buick engine that was in it has gone to a guy building a rat rod. Sold it for $100. I put a Summit cam and lifters in it, at the suggestion of members of the forum here, and a new oil pump, timing chain, and all new gaskets, including the head gaskets. The bearings and cylinder walls looked to be in great shape, so I didn't touch them. After everything was degreased, I put it back together and then gave it a quick paint job. The trans is a 350 that a friend had, bought it for $50, and put new front and rear seals and filter in it. I'm using the stock torque converter for now. We hope to have all the accessories hooked up this week and have it running for the weekend, but it depends how much time we have.

36 years of grease. It was no match for a couple of cans of oven cleaner.

Greg (ScreamingDetroit) guiding the engine/trans back in.

Re: '70 GMC

Dude, my favorite type of engine hoist...a front end loader!

Sweet. So the truck had a Buick motor in it?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Re: '70 GMC

66 would be a 300 or 340 SBB, 401 or 425 Nailhead. I'm betting on a 340-4 in a truck like that but it would have been neet to see a nailhead in there.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
      X