Progress at Last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress at Last!

The fabricator guy just dropped off the header!!!! About time! His welder died, etc, etc, but it's done and here. Looks pretty good, too. As soon as Mom leaves (Thursday) I'll bolt it together and drag the whole mess off to the dyno. Let's see what it'll do!

For any newbies - the subject car is a 1978 Camaro, 250 inline six, LSR racer (Maxton). I bent the snot out of the front header unloading the car at the dyno shop and missed a whole year of racing due to this and other "issues".

Dan

Re: Progress at Last!

I'll get some header pics tomorrow. There are shots of the car in several old posts - I don't know how to find the oldies but goodies.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Beags!

Dan

Comment

Hope to see it run soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordplay0621
          Hope to see it run soon.
          .. you mean at Maxton ??

;)

Comment

I FINALLY got off my buttocks and actually worked on the car today! Intake and headers are back on (they go on together) and the red RTV is drying. I ground the block a bit more to assure that everything fits properly (I reported a while back that the headers were hitting the block - think I posted some pics). Why use a Bridgeport when you have a 4 1/2" grinder?

I'll retorque the header/manifold nuts tomorrow and finish hooking everything up. I might even hit the key and make sweet music. I also have some checking to do to assure that the headers don't hit anything too hard - like the ground. Then a trip to Wayne's Dyno to see the result.

I took the alternator over to be checked and reclocked (got the wires away from the header). One of the guys at the alternator shop is a Circle Tracker and is switching his car from a Gen II Camaro to a generic body. There was a pic of the car up on the wall and I noticed it had the stock Z28 style spoiler, which is legal in Production. We're in negotiations - this would help in the "PRO" class that I run. I'll keep y'all posted.

Dan

Comment

So close now.You should make a vid of it too ;)

Comment

Working...
              X