Rustys Mustang project- You're doing it wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rustys Mustang project- You're doing it wrong

If anything, you want to INCREASE the negative pressure in the crankcase. Google for "Vacupan" and you'll get a good overview on the issue. Besides pushing oil out the seals, pressure in the pan = pressure the pistons have to overcome on their way down. That's extra parasitic loss and that's NOT a help in the HP department. This needs more research.

Dan

Comment

I dont see why it needs research when its been proven to be a problem, and will run fine without it. If I didnt trust Matt and Nathan, I would just get a vortech or procharger for it.
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

Suit yourself. Remember, I'm almost 62 and I've been doing this stuff since I was 5, and I learn something new every day.

Dan

Comment

A tip from the boosted V6 world of supercharged and turbocharged Buicks. If you put a checkvalve in the PCV line it will keep the boost from going down the tube through the valve and pressurizing the crankcase. On a supercharged motor you can run the pan-vac system but its almost garenteed to not be emmissions legal. Better idea is to get a catch can and an electric vacuum pump on a hobbes switch and have it come on under boost to pull vacuum on the crank case.
          The EGR I can see deleting, lots of cars now don't have them but be careful on the tuning because it raises your timing in the areas where it would have been active and you can get into detonation. PCV is something I'd always try to avoid removing.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            Suit yourself. Remember, I'm almost 62 and I've been doing this stuff since I was 5, and I learn something new every day.

Dan
            Ditto...

Comment

Working...
            X