• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes one to know one...

Comment

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

wait a second, Stiney's a cat? who knew?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Me-ow...... pretty funny especially as I was reading Tom Sawyer to my 6-year old last night.

You know, the part where Huck Finn meows at the window for Tom to sneak out, so they can take Hucks dead cat to the graveyard to get rid of a wart?

The irony, its....well, ironic!

Actually, its my cat that's the hoarder. I finally caught the bugger, so now I can start selling all the junk without it refilling the spaces. Bad kitty, bad!!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

this project is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Very, very good work.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks guyz.
              Heres what the booster looks like mounted on the firewall. Its 11 1/2" from the wall barely missing the hood.

The hood is from a '54 COE and apparently compared to my '50 COE the hood dips down in the corners. I need to straighten it out to meet the fenders once I section them to match.

Now I've decided I need a radiator support to start mounting fenders. But I need to fab some fenders to bolt to the support. I saved the portion of fenders I removed and shortened it to fit the short hood. Used the shrinker and tacked her on. I need to section the fenders front to meet the new hood line now. Was using these fenders for jus mock up for the new ones, but with all the mods I might jus keep um.

Comment

I need to section the rear half to meet up with the door bottoms.

This pic kinda shows how short the nose really is.

Lots to do yet...

In my mind I want the interior painted nice and shiney and the firewall checkerboarded...the rest of the rig I want worn out patina with a logo of some sort...
                Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; April 20, 2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Awesome progress!

That door has a great start on the patina, those old stickers look super cool on it.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Sweet mother of metal work - nice!
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Got the other side fender startn to fit in.

Hence the name LOWFAT JUNK...2 1/2" off the top will be perfect.

Comment

what a transformation.... what seats are you going to run and how far off the floor will they be? (head room?)
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It still has the factory pedestal so I can put the factory style seat in it with enough head room at 2 1/2", although they're not the most comfortable for long roads. Right now I have the Astro cargo van bucket without legs sittin on the pedestal jus for mock up which is even more room.

Comment

Well its been a few weeks since I could get back out on the projects due to priorities. I need to move this project out of the shop to maintenance the summer drivers. I'll get it back in sometime this summer. Thought I'd take some comparison shots before puttin it up.

Next to stock 1/2 ton longbed.

Comment

I like how you can barely see the truck cause its so low behind the flatbed. Had to load up my welder and tools on my trailer to help a buddy with his hotrod yesterday...pain in the ass. Cant wait to finish this portable welding rig...will look forward to just gettin there then!

Comment

love the stance. I hate it when I have to put projects away for a bit to do needful tasks
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X