Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Sublime Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 67 Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Cool project what the plans for color?

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
      I see a Falcon and a Ranchero in the back of one of the pics. What's the story on those?

Oh yeah, nice looking car, great color for it and it looks to be a nice solid example. I just tipped a guy off to one sitting in a garage nearby.
      my very goood and patient Ford loving freind has been moving ans storing the Fairlane for me, and the falcon and ranchero are his, in his playhouse, and he has several of each.
      67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by jerrys96lt4
        Cool project what the plans for color?
        it will remain limegold--since we are in SoCal and the smog nazis have mandated water based paints, and I am having it painted at a reputable shop that adheres to the law, the 05 Mustang Limegold basecaot/clearcoat will suffice. It will have a 427 style ram air hood with my signature black stripe and black grille/bumper just like my old Buick had. or maybe not. can't decide what to do......

Comment

Finally got 'er home and on my little pad lift for awhile, to finish some little stuff before the bodyshop. thinking about a flame job with the fresh limegold paint, any opinions??
          Last edited by stage1scott; October 21, 2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Personally, I would go with the all limegold approach. The car is gonna have enough motor and tire to speak for itself. But that is just me. I like the paint a little on the bland side.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

limegold and gt stripes

this is my buddy Matts was a race car in the 70's at the local track with a 427 hard to tell but check the rear wheel wells they are fronts we never noticed till we striped the car bare
              your is way cool i like

Comment

this thing is flipping sweet - a friend who just sold his '66 comet - has kept his 66 fairlane and its one of the best bodies ford ever did IMHO.

I'm also building a 428 - for the 69, if you need crank / rods / pistons - let me know. For sure Barry R is the man, and I'm pretty sure you're already a regular on fordfe.com - so you're aware of the wealth of knowledge over there.

what are you thinking about for valve train?

It's way expensive to go full roller on these things - but seems to be the only option for reliability with a cam over .600 lift.... My plan is to stay with something big enough to keep the stroker happy, but small enough to keep the power brakes happy.... I'll be consulting with Barry before I buy pistons and cam - likely from him. I already have block, stroker crank, bbc rods, and the CJ iron heads with new Ex seats, Stainless valves, etc, and I'm going with a streetmaster painted ford blue - under a shaker scoop.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
                  Finally got 'er home and on my little pad lift for awhile, to finish some little stuff before the bodyshop. thinking about a flame job with the fresh limegold paint, any opinions??
                  As a post car and not semi-fastback it is already more "plain jane." To this end, I think your plan for a flame treatment will nicely spice things up. Of course, the next question to answer is "What type of flames?" I'd be inclined to consider a ghost flame application in a complimentary colour.
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

nice car, ghost flames would be sweet. Have you given any thought to a paxton style blower?

Comment

Lime Gold with silver-ish ghost flames would be different.....myself, I'd just do the lime Gold and slap all of the factory trim back on.

The 1966-67 fairlanes are neat cars...If I was to get out of my Bow-Tie rut for a Blue oval, this is what I'd go for.

Being a formal roof(as opposed to the sleeker fastback-style roof) gives it an extra dash of different.

Comment

Lime gold with suede black hood,and widened steelies out back.Slot mags in front.

The yellow one with front wheel wells in the back,looked good.If it were mine,i would have done that.Just to stuff wide wheels on it to keep the rear down.

Comment

Originally posted by jays67
                          limegold and gt stripes

this is my buddy Matts was a race car in the 70's at the local track with a 427 hard to tell but check the rear wheel wells they are fronts we never noticed till we striped the car bare
                          your is way cool i like

I absolutely love that body style.

Comment

Very nice car...

like that body...

My second car was a 67 cab... 8)

If you have problems with the color problem...

Think new, find a nice "new " color and something everyone just have to look at...

Find someone, that have the colors from House of Color... ;)

Did find my crazy HOT Pink Pearl in HoC...

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                              this thing is flipping sweet - a friend who just sold his '66 comet - has kept his 66 fairlane and its one of the best bodies ford ever did IMHO.

I'm also building a 428 - for the 69, if you need crank / rods / pistons - let me know. For sure Barry R is the man, and I'm pretty sure you're already a regular on fordfe.com - so you're aware of the wealth of knowledge over there.

what are you thinking about for valve train?

It's way expensive to go full roller on these things - but seems to be the only option for reliability with a cam over .600 lift.... My plan is to stay with something big enough to keep the stroker happy, but small enough to keep the power brakes happy.... I'll be consulting with Barry before I buy pistons and cam - likely from him. I already have block, stroker crank, bbc rods, and the CJ iron heads with new Ex seats, Stainless valves, etc, and I'm going with a streetmaster painted ford blue - under a shaker scoop.
                              I gotta call Barry next week and get some more insight into valvetrain. I have the 13cc dish forged pistons, .030 over, and a set of aluminum heads, still gotta take the burrett to the chambers and see where they are. I am shooting for 10 or up to 10.5 to 1 cr to be pump gas freindly, stock stroke, edelbrock rpm intake, 800-850 holley. the big ? is camshaft and valve train. I will pester pBarry next week after the Holidays, although I have been seeing him post over on the FE board. Like hte rest of us, he can't leave the car thing completely alone, Holidays or not.

Comment

Spent the bright sunny socal morning washing parts and working on the rear window channel.

the rear window channel was full of goop that needed scraped out

and there is an obvious previous poor repair to the left side C pillar

resulting in a trunk full of water at some point in time from this hole left behind, under the stainless trim and filled with black goop

gonna get some more cleanup on the rear window and windshield channels yet today. The paint issue is, if I choose to keep all 10 miles of the stailess trim on this thing, most of which is in good shape, stripes/flames/etc do not work as well-however-filling all those trim holes and getting the metal straight is also a loser and my bodyshop has already told me to keep it simple as possible if I want it back sooner than later. The newest (05 up) Mustang body iteration has limegold available as a color and that makes the paint choices easy. I am leaning towards all limegold with the stainless trim and chrome bumpers back on.

Comment

Working...
                                X