Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Sublime Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 67 Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Originally posted by stage1scott
    Originally posted by msc66
    Originally posted by stage1scott
    I am leaning towards all limegold with the stainless trim and chrome bumpers back on.
    I know you don't owe me anything but I beg you to do this. Although a teardrop hood would also be good.

THIS hood, in a hinged style with front pins, currently on order. I really really need a drivers side lower door hinge with the check strap intact, in another week, that part is going to be keeping me out of the paint shop.
    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    A Fairlane GTA hood would look nice. I like the one scooped on the 66's. Not sure if they put one on 67's..
    You read my mind!!
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

OK, yeah, that hood kills. So now we need to talk about wheels. ;)

Comment

That isnt a GTA hood.Werent those hoods only used on those cars fitted with the 427?.

But it will look awesome.Im sure 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
          That isnt a GTA hood.Werent those hoods only used on those cars fitted with the 427?.

But it will look awesome.Im sure 8)
          give that man a ceeegar-yep part of the 427 drag package, and since this is essentially a 427 dragpack clone, without the expensive 427 but apotent 428 fe from the same engine family, it certainly needs that hood. plus they just look cool and crites makes a very nice repro part.
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

The GTA is the auto trans version, pretty much the same as the stick GT.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

It's a badass car, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
                OK, yeah, that hood kills. So now we need to talk about wheels. ;)
                wellll-since I generally own 'em for years on end, and this car came with one of my all time favorites, polished weld pro stars, and the money will certainly run out before it is finished, other wheels will have to wait. the steelie thing is hot but the ford dog dish caps are not as nice as some others. still, one of the things I like to fool around with every few years of ownership is changing the cars stance and appearance with wheels an tires, since it is so easily done.

Comment

The nice thing about a "neutral" paint scheme (no graphics) is that you can completely change the flavor of the car with a different set of wheels and tires. With graphics of any kind the wheel/tire choice has to compliment them, or be correct for the time period the graphic elements are from to keep the car harmonious. (my two cents)

Perhaps fortune will smile on you and deliver a set of MotorWheel Fly's for it.(drool)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
                    The nice thing about a "neutral" paint scheme (no graphics) is that you can completely change the flavor of the car with a different set of wheels and tires. With graphics of any kind the wheel/tire choice has to compliment them, or be correct for the time period the graphic elements are from to keep the car harmonious. (my two cents)

Perhaps fortune will smile on you and deliver a set of MotorWheel Fly's for it.(drool)
                    Now there is a great idea-I love fleas and flys-except-the used ones I have seen are bringing about 500 or more a wheel!

Comment

Finally got that windshield channel all cleaned out

got some seriously pretty parts in this week as well.....now to take em all apart and clean up the rough edges and flashing

Comment

This will be so cool to follow.I have a pair of those 427 badges.Bought in 86 for a LTD project i had.

Comment

NICE!

are those a set of Edelbrocks CNC ported? Sure look nice.

A friend of mine is a tool and die guy who plays around with cars too - nice machine shop. He saved the iron CJ heads for my car.... tool a lot of doing, but with new guides, new exhaust seats, new stainless valves, and a lot of surface grinding to get them flat again - they are ready to run.... now if I could just get the short block apart!

this fairlane is going to kick some serious butt! are you going to stroke it?

I have a 7H7 428 "cj" block and some other reciprocating stuff that will likely be extra - let me know if you're interested.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I really dig your car man! Please don't change the color! It very "Dragnet"! I love it!!!!

Comment

bench seat is looking good, just needs a dye job to black!

Comment

So when are you changing your name to GTscott? ;D Those seats look a heck of alot more comfortable than the race bucket.
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X