Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

67 Sublime Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Sublime Fairlane Sedan project begins!

as some of you who followed my for sale ad know, I recently sold my pristine 455 Skylark I built/owned for 24 years so I could do something completely different and out of my normal GM background. I have always liked the look of the 66/67 Fairlanes especially a sedan with door posts so now I own one. This car came to me with no engine or trans, but has a very nicely done cage and subframe connectors along with a new ladder bar 4 link/narrowed 9 inch/fuel cell and battery in trunk set up. Now, my cars are, first and foremost, DRIVERS! with that in mind, and having a new project with no engine or trans means I can do anything I want power wise. I am contemplating an original style FE based 427 clone, or possibly a 427 stroker windsor, with an auto (car has an auto setup) or I could add a clutch pedal and steal the drivetrain out of an 86-94 Mustang GT complete with FI and maybe add a blower. The possibilities are endless, as long as the money holds out, which won't be long!! there are 2 other things my cars need to be to satisfy me-both come from all the years of owning that Orange Buick. Unless I went to a Buick specific function, I was usually the ONLY car there of that type. I believe this Fairlane sedan will continue to fill that nitche for me-it is certainly an unusual and not much seen body style. The other thing is the paint on my Buick was reasonably exceptional for a car that was driven all over the country. The body and paint on the Fairlane is pretty beat, so the first stop, after the holidays and I get some time to de-trim, will be the body shop. I will likely stay with the Limegold color, as I have had a lifetime of red and orange cars, and that will make this one a complete departure for me-not only did I leave GM behind, I will have a not-red hued car. A bench seat will certainly find a home here, since the racing buckets currently in there are less than comfortable for more than 1/4 mile driving, but occasionally I will need to take my son and another person along. And this was a factory a/c car, and has the proper dash outlets, so a vintage air unit is definitely in the works someday too. so without further boring blather, here is my next, and possibly last (considering how long I tend to keep and refine them) project car:
    Last edited by stage1scott; October 21, 2013, 11:50 AM.
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Re: 67 Fairlane Sedan project begins!

Promises to be a very distinctive ride. How did you score it...someone run out of steam on it as an earlier project?
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I have to agree with you that those Fairlanes are so cool.

I do have a question. Did you pay extra for that long scrape; or was that your first modification while test fitting the garage to it?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cool car, looks like someone has done a lot of work on it already... I like the 427 thoughts, they're a potent motor.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

nnnmmm
          Last edited by stage1scott; October 21, 2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

2 dr Sedans rule!!!! Any make, any model!
            61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

we are making signifigant progress in the acquisition department!! While I have been on a steep learning curve, Ford guys will know what that bottom photo means!!

Comment

What does it mean? I'm not a ford guy.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I as wondering the same????
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I was hoping I could pull out a hardcore ford guy with that to help with upcoming myriad of stuff I still know little about. That A mark represents a 428 with good factory cr. It also happens to be from a 67, so thats kinda cool. That find was complete as pulled from a car, getting me all the little bolts/brackets/etc i could need since my car cam without any drivetrain and a complete C6 to boot.

Comment

Cool..... 8)
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Whats the 352 stand for? Isn't that the base cubic inch for that block family?
                        61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

block family.

Comment

Originally posted by NAS Backyard
                            2 dr Sedans rule!!!! Any make, any model!
                            X2.How do you see it isnt a 390?

Comment

the A on the back of the block designates it a full size-galaxie/mercury 345 horsepower. unfortunately, it isn't a C, which would make it a 360/375 hp cobra jet or police interceptor possibility. heads are now off and bore and stroke are confirmed, and all cyl walls are nice. progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X