Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Disco Nova LIVES ( now with pictures )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disco Shifter Blues....

Put 2 race seats in problem solved.Until........
    terry

Comment

I say go find some buckets out of a 3rd or 4th gen F-body (I hear Firebird's have better supporting seats than Camaro's) and put them in the Disco. I was jazzed that I got a shifter that arc'd up over the bench for my car, but eventually if I'm going to want to shift faster with a shorter stick, I'll likely have to go Buckets. I really like the buckets in my '87 Jeep, I think they are too tall though, but I may do a test fit when I pull the bench it install carpet.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I say build a quick and ugly mount. I'm talking an hour of work tops. Drive the car until you figure out what you can do that's nice. Leave the bench!
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Do not forsake the bench!

Build a mount and don't take the easy way out!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

notch the bench....buckets are to easy and they are like assholes...everyones got em.....break away hers aand do something different....i have seen a notched seat or two to make rook for shiftes and it looks kinda cool....but in the end its yours....

Comment

those plastic racing seats are crap...i never had those in my cars.never.yuck.
              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

If you want it I have a plastic bucket I got from Terry and it's yours for the asking. A friend here has another one for free. You could have 'em in couple of days. But I agree - YUCCK! The notched bench would be cool. If you need a shifter extension for Tonya, head to your local truck stop. They'll have a whole selection in chrome, brass, or gold - take your pick. The gold might be appropriate given that it's the Disco. Have you picked up your gold chains yet?

Dan

Comment

Just cut a round hole right in the middle of the bench seat and run the shifter through the seat . . .

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;D

Comment

KT is now "Mr. T"-I pity the fool... :D

Comment

• Re: Disco Shifter Blues....

hook up the column shifter, and think about it for a while.

The Z gate is junk, I have one in my 55, I should know. although it has been working fine for years, and I got it used/cheap.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well... with the Rally Wheel's... the Disco really don't look to racy... and the Yellow.. is classic...

It's simply gotta have a Bench... how else am I going to cop a feel at those Red lights??? ( I didn't say that ... trust me )

Seriously... God wants it to have a Bench... and a 4 speed... but it's the Cheap bastard in me that wants this thing to be wickedly Cool on the Cheap... thereby proving you can have a freaking ball on no money.... and it's got a 350 turbo...

I built the Tower to mount this pig and will post some pic's in a bit....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                          Well... with the Rally Wheel's... the Disco really don't look to racy... and the Yellow.. is classic...

It's simply gotta have a Bench... how else am I going to cop a feel at those Red lights??? ( I didn't say that ... trust me )

Seriously... God wants it to have a Bench... and a 4 speed... but it's the Cheap bastard in me that wants this thing to be wickedly Cool on the Cheap... thereby proving you can have a freaking ball on no money.... and it's got a 350 turbo...

I built the Tower to mount this pig and will post some pic's in a bit....

K
                          +1 for the column shifter. I ran mid 11's with one-they work fine.

Comment

I bet that nova was stock with the bench? if so, their probably are no mounts for the inside bolts if you want to mount buckets...notch the bench so you can enjoy the wife....do not use duct tape to cover the notch, your wife/girlfriend will stick to it, or worse the white sticky adhesive will come off and stick to the hemline of her skirt which will be noticed by her mom who will mistake it for some other substance and get all freaky and then...............
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Keith , I know you've just been hanging on the edge of your seat these two pages waiting on my words of wisdom.....(hehe) . Shoot my Safari (astro) van came with bucket seats. Pitch the bucket. Beside theres noway that the car can be a sleeper, Its famous....... remimber!? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

K
                                Seriously, hes right.... have you met donya....? ;D ;D ;D :o
                                Keith I just got of the phone with Donya. she will get a longer arm....
                                she understood your plight and shes going to go get that arm lengthening surgery, now all you need is blocks on the pedals, just like the clutch in the HRM camaro. short people....

Comment

Working...
                                X