Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Disco Nova LIVES ( now with pictures )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disco Shifter Blues....

Go with the column shifter for now, and buy a Lokar floor shifter to clear the bench seat.

Like this...

You can get it in either 23", 16", 12", 10", 8" and 6" lengths

Here's the page that has the part numbers for them...

http://www.lokar.com/product-descrip...nt-shifter.htm

And finally, here's what a 16" shifter looks like in a 72 Nova (from a Nova website)...

I think the 12" shifter would look bitchin' in the Disco.

Comment

I agree with HillbillySailor.I know it's not an automatic, but the look is similar.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nice looking shifter there Randal. If Keith wants, you could even measure it so it would give him some rough estimates to work with IRT the Lokar shifter length. What I like about the Lokar is it looks like a manual shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
          What I like about the Lokar is it looks like a manual shifter.
          ....in a truck. Way out of place in a muscle car.

Did you add integral cup holders to the shifter mount? ;)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
            Did you add integral cup holders to the shifter mount? ;)
            The Tray/cup holder the suspension bushing boxes are sitting on I've considered putting the shifter boot in the tray part and using the Cup Holders.

Comment

I was asking Turk....I didn't notice your spiffy accessory cup holder
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                I was asking Turk....I didn't notice your spiffy accessory cup holder
                Ah, like the Muscle Truck :P Got it. You didn't notice because it wasn't in the other pictures ;)

Comment

The battery died when I took the photo... Seriously I can't take a picture for squat... but this one wasn't my fault... it does give you an understanding of where the shifter ended up...

K

Comment

Looks functional, how's the reach?

Comment

• Re: The Disco Nova LIVES ( now with pictures )

The shifter thread made me think of a question. Keith, Does the Disco use the stock seat belts? If so are you going to change them to something else? or not?

Comment

From the looks of things, I'd offer that reach shouldn't be an issue.

Even with the fuzzy-ass photography, I must say that actually looks cool...as long as the seat doesn't need to go any further forward.

Comment

that mount looks ok for now!! i think a quarter stick/pro shifter would look more "uncluttered". and then you could have a pair of DF's should have been patented cup holders....

or, with the smaller package shifter, like a pro shifter, or maybe a megashifter, the reach wouldnt hit the dash?

I am guessing that was the deal breaker on the z-gate ?? it gets old smashing your knuckles every time you shift to park!!
                          Charles

Comment

Ladies and gentleman, that's photography on 4.9 gallons of Diet Coke day.

Shit man, was it you that made that move of Kennedy getting shot? The son of a bitch whips around all crazy like as well.

If you had just told us you were going for an "artsy" feel, we woulda bought it...................no we wouldn't

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

The battery died when I took the photo... Seriously I can't take a picture for squat... but this one wasn't my fault... it does give you an understanding of where the shifter ended up...

K
                              damm beet me to it way to much caffeine

Comment

Looks like that should do it. For those who don't know, Tonya is a VERY tiny lady and way better than Keith deserves. So making a car she can drive and still fit full-sized people as well is no easy task.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X