Excellent, keep us updated ...

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Re: Racin in '09 or its for sale.

Damn, compressor surge and a blown hydraulic clutch. Sending for the clutch kit and putting on a known good turbo. Smaller on the compressor size.

We still made too much torque for the class on 7psi. We'll see if that holds up with the smaller compressor. Hopefully we can bring it into compliance. Or, I'll have to add weight to the car.

Comment

I changed out the T3/T4 hybrid to a stock SVO T3 last night. We had used it on the dyno last time with no problems. On the T3/T4, we might have been able to go to a bigger AR on the turbine side to slow it down, but it was already making to much HP/Tq.

I go over to the shop after work and work on the car while its still sitting on the dyno. I've got to fiddle with the exhaust alignment and then we can fire it up and get back to tuning.

Comment

I saw a Mustang nearly the same as yours today in a trailer on the freeway. It was under a Trans Am 69 Mach 1. The back of the trailer was open and you could see both cars. Unfortunately, the trailer's tongue snapped on the freeway and was broken down.

Your car looks so much like a survivor of the IMSA racing series of the early 80's with those widened fenders ala the Greenwood Vettes.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower

DG, do you just tune initial start-up and warm-up on the fly, or do you use an AFR set-up? Matt? Anyone?
            Bob, I just tune it by ear/feel for idle and tip-in.

Keep us posted - this is a wicked awesome car!!!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Freakin dyno broke last night. Didn't get a single run in. A couple of hours has turned into 4 days, but, we only work on it after hours at the shop. Everyone was too gassed last night to diagnose the dyno problem, it just wasn't picking up the roller speed. Torque arm sensor was fine.

Its been well over 100 degrees over the last 3-4 days and the shop is not air conditioned, so everyone is a bit on edge. Last night was a good night to walk away. Otherwise the extra 5 gallons of E85 and a match might have been considered a viable solution.

Comment

I brought it back home. If we get the hydraulic slave cylinder kit from Summit in time, we'll drop the tranny, rebuild the cylinder and have things ready to go again on Monday. Hopefully the dyno will be back running.

Comment

Well, I'll be damned, it wasn't the slave cylinder. Some how we nicked one if the hydraulic lines in the bell housing. Already got the new line and I'll have to come up with a solution to secure the lines in the bell housing so that it doesn't happen again.

Going to the track on Saturday and Sunday to give a couple of newbies a ride in the track whore miata. They'll run in HPDE 1 with instructors. I'm really beginning to appreciate a car that needs practically no maintenance instead of the high strung beast that the Mustang is.

Comment

Great weekend at the track. Weather was beautiful, the TWM ran like a top. Both guys enjoyed themselves immensely. As an added bonus, my mother-in-law decided to visit the house while I was gone, so dodged that bullet!!

Started to do the scheduling to see if we can make the late October event for the Mustang, I'll have to be back on the dyno, and successfully complete the tuning, next week. Then we have a couple of items to finish before we get the tech inspector out. We might make it, but things will have to work perfectly, and they never have in the past. What the hell, we'll see if we can make it happen.

Comment

Transmission is back in. Trying to figure out how to bleed the clutch by myself, it'll only gravity bleed so far.

Comment

Shoulda quit when I got tired, dropped the starter on my face. Off to Urgent Care for some stitches.

Gotta finish it up tomorrow.

Bob

Comment

Ouch! Been there :'(
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                            Shoulda quit when I got tired, dropped the starter on my face. Off to Urgent Care for some stitches.

Gotta finish it up tomorrow.

Bob
                            Yeouch!! Did that too. Bruised not only my forhead, but also the back of my skull against the concrete.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Doc in the box gave me a choice of stitches or glue. So, my forehead is now crazy-glued back together.

Nothing gives you confidence like a Doc that says "you know I've never gotten the glue to work before but it looks like its working tonight." ???

Actually, not a bad experience, in and out of the box in less than an hour. I've sat in an emergency room for 12 hours before to get my son stitched up. Hell by the time they got to him it had started to knit back together.

Well, back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Tech inspector scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Looks like go/no go will be all about tracking down the dyno guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X