• Show
Clear All

• my 58 yeoman

Re: my 58 yeoman

Looks good from what little I can see.

How about some specs on ths thing?

Comment

I'm trying to upload more pics, but my dsl is slow.

it's a 283/glide. 97,xxx miles. I got it in october last year. drove 2,800 miles round trip to get it.
      It was bone stock. Right now only changes are an edelbrock intake and a q-jet. it's got rally's on it now.
      It's straight, typical ffor 58 rust above the headlight. Needs floor patches, but for a 51 year old car, it's not too bad.
      I'd like to do an early 60's custom, with panel paint and lace, larry watson style.
      Gonna just be a nice cruiser.

Comment

Cool car. The Internet is slow tonite................ ;D

Comment

Comment

neat, not much different from my brother's Brookwood.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

very cool car, oughta make a great ride!!
              67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
              05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

YO MAN! Nice Yeoman. My buddy has a 2 dr somewhere, I haven't seen it for a few years but he claims he still has it Looks like a nice car to start with. Keep us posted.
                61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

That's nice! Last year while sitting in my car reading a (car) magazine waiting for my wife while she was shopping, I heard a stick shift V8 with a sweet sound exhaust. It was a primered 4 door 58 Yeoman with side exhaust coming out mid way on the rear doors partially recessed into the rocker panel with slightly flared chrome tips.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Nice car...I'd drive it everywhere! Thats the first car I've ever noticed the door handles mounted at different heights.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                      That's nice! Last year while sitting in my car reading a (car) magazine waiting for my wife while she was shopping, I heard a stick shift V8 with a sweet sound exhaust. It was a primered 4 door 58 Yeoman with side exhaust coming out mid way on the rear doors partially recessed into the rocker panel with slightly flared chrome tips.
                      really? i'm from jersey also, and i don't think i've ever seen that car. Teh only other 58 i've sen was a brookwood thatcame to some local shows, but it was sold and haven't seen it since.

Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

Well i won't be driving it anytime soon. it's winter here.
                        And it's got 4 wheel drums, 3 of which work, i think the left from wheel cylinder is bad. Hit the brakes and it makes a HARD right turn. And they just cut over time where i work. i went from 20 hrs a week to 5-7. So money i was going to put towards it isn't there.
                        But hey at least i have it.

Comment

Nice lines on those Cars.

Comment

They just don't make cars anymore with that kind of personality - nice score - I really love the lines on that wagon.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 58yeoman
                              Originally posted by Huskinhano
                              really? i'm from jersey also, and i don't think i've ever seen that car. Teh only other 58 i've sen was a brookwood thatcame to some local shows, but it was sold and haven't seen it since.

Thanks for the compliment.
                              I was sitting in the Crossings shopping center on RT80 in Tannersville, PA when I saw it. It had PA plate on it. Where in Jersey are you? I'm right off exit 172 on the GSP.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X