The Ruster Duster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ruster Duster

Here is one of our play cars. We use this to go out to the street legal drag night at ORP. It was a slant six with a mild cam a Clifford intake and slit header with a dynomax welded muffler and a 75 dry shot of nitrous. Now it is a V8 car! I have installed a 340 with a mild cam and a stall converter and manual valve body. I used a set of Schumacher Mounts and found out the hard way that they are not just bolt in! ;D Should of read the directions.....lol Allmost all the parts I am using right now are just parts we have laying around the shop other than the motor mounts. Here are a few pictures and I will post a few more later as I finish up.

the slant six

The V8

I am also trying to then out the wiring to get rid of a lot of on-needed stuff, and rats like this one........ ;D

Re: The Ruster Duster

LMAO.....that shot shows my "more understanding" side......NOT!

That Duster isn't too bad, slap the steelies back on it....clean up at the street drags(not that I advocate that sort of thing...but it'd make one hell of a sleeper).

SJ, perhaps it's just me....but those damn seats sit entirely too close to the steering wheel......plenty of clearnce for mu gut, but my legs were cramped uncomfortably when that shot was taken.....more room in the jungle-gym cage of a Dart that was sitting behind me.

Comment

It has the steelies on it! with a set of Mickey Thompson dot tires and strange axles, the longer wheel stud kinda gives it away a little..........lol

Comment

that's where the poverty caps come into play.

Comment

I see only 1 Finger in the Pic...what happened to the other 4 ;D ;)?? And what happened to the Slant-6? ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

I take my 1-finger salutes seriously...the other 4 are tucked in tight formation.

The Slant-6 was sold, with transmission and all other \6 parts they had, to a gentleman from Ohio.

Comment

I would of liked to ofkept the slant 6, but it was not up to me. The owner of the shop is trying to make things simple with our racing programs.

Comment

Awwww! Ya went an sold the best part of the whole Car ;D ;D! J/W-006.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                  Awwww! Ya went an sold the best part of the whole Car ;D ;D! J/W-006.

The Boss made me do it.....

Comment

It 'might' be time to take the 'Boss' out to the parking lot out back..... :o :D ;). ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Just thought I would throw a few more updated pictures up. Havent had alot of time to work on it but he is what I got done lately. After I have it running I will straighten the wiring mess up and put them all in looms.

Comment

So how quick was it with the /6?

Comment

dude the slant six setup was freakin sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            So how quick was it with the /6?

The slant 6 went 13.50's in the 1/4. that was with a 75 shot on nitrous.

Comment

thats awesome for a slant ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X