The Ruster Duster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ruster Duster

Yeah, wish I'd have been there to witness it.

stopped by the shop last night on the way home from work....was yapping with them about it.

Ben(the owner of Promax and this Duster and an even more interesting Dart) was saying he liked the \6, but was breaking stuff too much to enjoy it in that guise...but he admitted he just stabbed the cam in, did the induction setup and went for it...never touched the short-block, spun the mains in the old \6(NOT the one he sold).

The 340 should prove to be a bit more robust.

Comment

There is a complete mopar small block turbo system for sale on the turboforums.....Now that would be awesome.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Not bad at all....but they'd likely favor a ProCharger application as Promax is an authorized dealer for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
          Not bad at all....but they'd likely favor a ProCharger application as Promax is an authorized dealer for them.

Joe Dart will be a Big Block with a Procharger. That is the project after my Super Coupe, but soon.

Anyway a few more updated pictures and video. Got to drive it today.

I didnt get into that much yet cause there are still a few issues to deal with. But I will post a good video here realy soon!

Comment

Ready to see that thing pull a wheel...LOL

You GOTTA do a thread on "Joe Dart"...that thing is just the COOLEST!

Comment

This car is a real sleeper...as long as you keep the hood down!

Comment

Originally posted by whiteduster360
                This car is a real sleeper...as long as you keep the hood down!
                So I guess if we wanted to keep this a sleeper we should leave this on it, right......... ;D

Comment

Is that for the A/C ;D? Anywho,the Car's lookin' tough....EXCEPT for that Faggot 'Flaming-Skull-Sticker' on the rear Quarter : :P ;). ~J/W-006.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                    Ready to see that thing pull a wheel...LOL

You GOTTA do a thread on "Joe Dart"...that thing is just the COOLEST!
                    Here a picture of Joe Dart, I will start a thread on it after we get back to it. The hood is in back of the truck, we didn't want it to blow off. And all of our cars are street legal.

Comment

Nice. Seems 'ole 'Joe Dart's TRAILER is in need some new Wheels 'an Tires ;D! It's kind of odd,not too many folks around here(Philadelphia..)go 'an 'Hot-Rod' '73-'76 Darts/Valiants/Dart-Sports---they usually go to scrap weather they're rust free or not---folks just don't dig them. Landlord's got two of them outside for sale(He doesn't collect these Cars....only the eariler pre 73's..). ~J/W-006.

Comment

The dart is super cool, we can drive it to the track, pull of the plate and insert the chute! The cage is a dead give away though.

Comment

I do like those Wheels. Brand? And how fast have ya gotten 'J-D'? ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

I believe they are Weld Racing, with Mickeys street mounted on them. The car ran in the 9's before with a small block. Now we plan on putting a big block with a procharger in it.

Comment

Did some more work on it today. Was sopuse to work on the Super Coupe but I didn't get my parts in yet. So I decided to install the new fiberglass bolt on hood from Penstar, and the new aluminum radiator from Northern.

after putting the new springs on I had to modify the henge itself

Then the radiator

Comment

That hood looks good....it better, after all of the work that went into getting that thing to fit.

The radiator is sweet.......I take it Ben's gonna run an electric fan on this?

Don't forget to order the lower radiator hose in the A.M.

Smoke

Comment

Working...
                                X