My 1967 Nova H/T my family enjoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1967 Nova H/T my family enjoys

I introduced myself over in the newbie forum a week or so ago. Figured I post a couple pics of my 67 Nova. This is where it is today but have immediate plans for a 8pt chromoly bar and adding some black to the Viper GTS blue for a two tone paint scheme. Currently running a 406 with a turbo 350 to a 373 10 bolt posi rear but there are plans to change the trans to a 200r4 and the rear to a 9 inch spinning 4:10 or 4:30's. Looking for solid mid to low 11's when done.

Yeah, I know the air cleaner is a bit tall, It's been changed already and the alternator has been replaced with a polished one to look better at the cruise nights. The battery will be moved to the rear this winter as well.

Re: My 1967 Nova H/T my family enjoys

Looks good....I would stay away from two tone though....I like it just like that.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Hamar, that is one beautiful '67.
      I understand the performance mods, but why change the looks ?
      Already perfection in my eyes.

Comment

yup i agree nice car, i would leave it all blue.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Like the car - one of my favorites. You must not have kids if you're planning on a cage.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks for the great comments on the rig. To be honest with you, There are a couple blemishes that need to be addressed on the upper body. Seeing that I have to do work there and there are two other solid blue Chevy II's that cruise around locally, I figured I'd shoot the top half of the car from the body reveal up in black. The cowl scoop part of the hood will remain blue but it will be painted in the 60's style using lace and a darker blue then masked off and the hood will be squirted black.

As for kids, I have two. One is 16 and she is shotgun all the time. The other is a skinny little 9 yo who is spry enough to crawl in back there without much difficulty. By the time she's too big, big sister will be doing her own thing and wont want to be hanging with dad at the track or the cruise night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamar
              As for kids, I have two. One is 16 and she is shotgun all the time. The other is a skinny little 9 yo who is spry enough to crawl in back there without much difficulty. By the time she's too big, big sister will be doing her own thing and wont want to be hanging with dad at the track or the cruise night.
              Sounds very realistic. I can appreciate the need for a distinguishable colour.

Very sano engine compartment. You've obviously invested the time.

Comment

super nice nova, it seems as tastefully done as the car is, you have a good eye. so whatever changes you make will most likely still look great. where are you located. Doug
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Doug, I live on the South Shore of Massachusetts. About 30 miles south of Boston. Right now there is about 9-10 inches of snow on the ground its 24 degrees out and they are saying we are looking at another 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow. Nothing to do really but sit in the garage and detail stuff. I'm pulling the complete interior and carpet out so I can get it over to Tube Chassis Designz for the chromo 8pt and some other small stuff............

Comment

Beautiful car. Just so clean. Thanks for posting up.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Gorgeous blue paint on a wicked looking machine. Will you define the break between the black and blue with a contrasting narrow stripe?
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Man, I wish my projects looked that good. That is a beautiful car.
                        1964 Chevelle
                        Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                        LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

that is one slick chevy II! props! i wouldnt change a thing.

Comment

Awesome car! I sure miss my '66!!!

I wouldn't change a thing,but it's your ride!

Comment

Thanks again guys. To answer a couple of the questions. Yes, I plan on a very narrow stripe to breakup the color seperation. I'm thinking a nice heavy mettalic or metal flake silver. I'm open to suggestions on a seperation color....anybody care to participate?

Comment

Working...
                              X