• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L98camino
    replied
    Re: My 1967 Nova H/T my family enjoys

Beautiful car!

I like the lace idea for the scoop. I'm partial too silver myself but I've seen some blue/black two tones that look great.

I've always felt that the darker color on top kind of looks upside down. But I'm retarded so ignore me. :P

I used a gold pearl over the stripe:

It's alittle hard to see in the pix but when the sun hits it it really pops.

You have done a great job on the car, congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• 62-impala-ss
    replied

How about silver instead of black for the repaint? Love that blue. Very nice car!!

Leave a comment:

• 457Brodix
    replied

Originally posted by Hamar
    Thanks again guys. To answer a couple of the questions. Yes, I plan on a very narrow stripe to breakup the color seperation. I'm thinking a nice heavy mettalic or metal flake silver. I'm open to suggestions on a seperation color....anybody care to participate?

Gorgeous car and I love the color, I'm with the rest of the guys, I wouldn't change it. If you've just got to do it how about some Grey Pearl, Z-28 Panels, that's the color we used for flames on my Novas?

Leave a comment:

• Hamar
    replied

Thanks again guys. To answer a couple of the questions. Yes, I plan on a very narrow stripe to breakup the color seperation. I'm thinking a nice heavy mettalic or metal flake silver. I'm open to suggestions on a seperation color....anybody care to participate?

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied

Awesome car! I sure miss my '66!!!

I wouldn't change a thing,but it's your ride!

Leave a comment:

• lt1racing
    replied

that is one slick chevy II! props! i wouldnt change a thing.

Leave a comment:

• dand38s
    replied

Man, I wish my projects looked that good. That is a beautiful car.

Leave a comment:

• mlcraven
    replied

Gorgeous blue paint on a wicked looking machine. Will you define the break between the black and blue with a contrasting narrow stripe?

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied

Beautiful car. Just so clean. Thanks for posting up.

Leave a comment:

• Hamar
    replied

Thanks guys!
    Doug, I live on the South Shore of Massachusetts. About 30 miles south of Boston. Right now there is about 9-10 inches of snow on the ground its 24 degrees out and they are saying we are looking at another 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow. Nothing to do really but sit in the garage and detail stuff. I'm pulling the complete interior and carpet out so I can get it over to Tube Chassis Designz for the chromo 8pt and some other small stuff............

Leave a comment:

• ls7gto
    replied

super nice nova, it seems as tastefully done as the car is, you have a good eye. so whatever changes you make will most likely still look great. where are you located. Doug

Leave a comment:

• Weldangrind
    replied

Originally posted by Hamar
    As for kids, I have two. One is 16 and she is shotgun all the time. The other is a skinny little 9 yo who is spry enough to crawl in back there without much difficulty. By the time she's too big, big sister will be doing her own thing and wont want to be hanging with dad at the track or the cruise night.
    Sounds very realistic. I can appreciate the need for a distinguishable colour.

Very sano engine compartment. You've obviously invested the time.

Leave a comment:

• Hamar
    replied

Thanks for the great comments on the rig. To be honest with you, There are a couple blemishes that need to be addressed on the upper body. Seeing that I have to do work there and there are two other solid blue Chevy II's that cruise around locally, I figured I'd shoot the top half of the car from the body reveal up in black. The cowl scoop part of the hood will remain blue but it will be painted in the 60's style using lace and a darker blue then masked off and the hood will be squirted black.

As for kids, I have two. One is 16 and she is shotgun all the time. The other is a skinny little 9 yo who is spry enough to crawl in back there without much difficulty. By the time she's too big, big sister will be doing her own thing and wont want to be hanging with dad at the track or the cruise night.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Like the car - one of my favorites. You must not have kids if you're planning on a cage.

Leave a comment:

• A/Fuel
    replied

yup i agree nice car, i would leave it all blue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X