Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

minor victories.....upholstery NOW WITH PICS (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor victories.....upholstery NOW WITH PICS (link)

Well I don't have money to takle those quarter pans so I fugured I play around this weekend with the door panels....the old ones were junk, torn and dry rotted.....so I used the old stuff to make patterns.....I got some back board from home depot ....16 bucks.....got some black vinal from the fabric store....40 bucks.....glue....10 bucks....batting.....10 bucks.......I rivited to back board to the upper door plate to make a whole new panel....cake ....I then used 3M spray glue to lay the batting down.....then layed the vinal over that...trimmed so there was about 1 and a half inches to fold over the back side......put the window felt back on......installed it then put the door handles and cranks back on.....3M taped the fury red white and blue logo back on (had it laying around) and it looks pretty darns good for my fist shot.....sadly I can't share the photos just yet due to computer issues but I had to share my minor victory with someone who would care......

Re: minor victories.....upolstry

Dude! I been thinkin' about doing the same thing for my Ranchero when I get some spare change. Post pics when your equipment will cooperate.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

That's what I like about this place, people aren't afraid to make and do their own stuff. Good job!
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Very nice......Can't wait for the pics.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I will try to get some photos up this week...the more I look at it the happier I am....very proud of myself...gonna do the pass side this weekend.....trying to get the interior tip top prior to a car show at my wifes high school.....the engine looks great...the interior will look good.....the body....eh....not so much.......

Comment

usually im not a post whore screaming "this post is worthless without pics" but in this case... it very true.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

???
              Originally posted by kyhunter89
              usually im not a post whore screaming "this post is worthless without pics" but in this case... it very true.

Sadly I am all too aware.......and agre 100% but as I said.....had to share if only in words...

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                I will try to get some photos up this week...the more I look at it the happier I am....very proud of myself...gonna do the pass side this weekend.....trying to get the interior tip top prior to a car show at my wifes high school.....the engine looks great...the interior will look good.....the body....eh....not so much.......
                Uh, did you just say your wife's high school? Aren't you around 30 or so? ;D
                Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

she teaches. At the high school I went to in the 70s...Cholla in Tucson.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse....

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!???
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Comment

I am working on it....I am working on it.......

Comment

Great to hear you have made some progress.

I can't seem to get off my dead ass and get out in the garage >

I won't bug you about the pix, YET!

Comment

Re: minor victories.....upholstery NOW WITH PICS (link)

I am working on a friggin MAC so forgive me for not posting the pics....its a holy PITA....here is the link to my Cardomain page...you can see past work if you are not familiar with the car and the video of the new exhaust is in there too...

Anyway...here is the link to the door panel pics....let me know what you think...sadly i destroyed the panel you see in these photos and redid it....the second attempt was 100% better than the first....Dig it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2244834/4

Comment

Re: minor victories.....upholstery NOW WITH PICS (link)

Even better you say? Looks good to me.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X