Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added lightness

Well, since we're all posting our projects, here's my latest:

Current weight is about 1900 pounds dry, and it makes 160-ish horsepower. If my math is correct, that's about the same power-to-weight ratio as an LT1 Camaro. (The Camaro kills me on torque, however.) New suspension is on the way, and then it will just about be ready for some lapping days.

David S. Wallens, editorial director
    Grassroots Motorsports

Re: Added lightness

Cool! Show 'em Tim's Berkley, too.

Comment

buddy has a gutted one with a brown top jap spec motor in it runs, 9.99 in the 1/8 about the same as a stock lt1 car. car is scary fast around corners 2300lb wet

Comment

I'm building this one up as a track car, but it should still be fairly quick. Neat thing is that the engine is all stock aside from header, intake and exhaust. In other words, it's not a ticking time bomb.

I am keeping the stock CRX HF gauge cluser. For one, I want to keep the 201,000-odometer. Call it a badge of pride. Also, the stock redline is 5000 and the tach ends at 7000. Redline on the current engine is 8100, so basically I can shift once the needle goes past all of the numbers. For some reason I find that funny.

Grassroots Motorsports
        Classic Motorsports

Comment

Similar to Dave Maty, who shifts just after the rods fall out of the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            Similar to Dave Maty, who shifts just after the rods fall out of the block.
            Exactly. And to make a small correction, stock redline may actually be 8200--like another hundred revs matters at that point. I just bought the car and actually haven't driven it too much. As the CRX has a totally wonky alignment and junk steering wheel, it's near the bottom of the pecking order at the moment.

Oh, and here's the Berzerkely: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/new...rs/berzerkley/

Grassroots Motorsports

Comment

Man, if that car was any smaller; you wouldn't get in it, but put it on.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Need another just like that for the other foot. ;D
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Here's another way to mess up a pefectly good Berkeley...

Comment

Working...
                  X