1988montecarloss' 1988 monte carlo ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988montecarloss' 1988 monte carlo ss

this is my first car my 1988 monte carlo ss. (i was 15 when i got it and im 16 now)

these next pictures are from the day after we got it to my house. it was in a town called vanceboro, maine which is about 20 miles from canada.

the orange truck is my moms

me and my dad pulled the 305 and put in a 355( i did half the work, he did half the work......i dont just watch)
    i hate those yellow plug wires too.

we then got the car towed to have a 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with magnaflow muff's put under it.
    here it is waiting to get towed

the stock doors and trunk lid were reeeeeally rusty so we replaced them with ones from a silver 85 monte ss

and now my dads having one of his friends who is AMAZING at bodywork do the bodywork and paint the car it will be finished by the time the snow melts(late march early april)...thats it so far ill add more as it goes on.

Re: 1988montecarloss' 1988 monte carlo ss

Nice car dude!

Are you going to race it at Oxford Plains dragway?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nice Monte, dude! I've got a few and love 'em.
      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Yeah G-bodies are nice.......... ;D
        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Nice car dude!

Are you going to race it at Oxford Plains dragway?

Brian
          eventually id like to go there but for right now winterport will do (1/8th mile)

Comment

Cool. I've been up to Winterport (I'm an announcer at New England Dragway) it's a neat place and has a great nostalgic feel to it.

Scott Gove runs up there with his Daytona Super Stocker. That thing is the balls!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I know your 16, but how is vision out the mirrors with the later mirrors in the 85 (further back) mounting position?

BTW, if you haven't yet, check out www.montecarloss.com

Yes, G-bodies are nice.
              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss
                I know your 16, but how is vision out the mirrors with the later mirrors in the 85 (further back) mounting position?

BTW, if you haven't yet, check out www.montecarloss.com

Yes, G-bodies are nice.
                the mirrors are fine the way they are on the 85 doors but im moving them forward so it all looks stock(almost nobody would notice anyway). I already have a profile on montecarloss.com under the same username.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Cool. I've been up to Winterport (I'm an announcer at New England Dragway) it's a neat place and has a great nostalgic feel to it.

Scott Gove runs up there with his Daytona Super Stocker. That thing is the balls!

Brian
                  ya me and my friends went there 3 times last year and i brought the monte there on opening day in '08. the best it would run with the little tires on the back is a 9.9 though because all they would do is spin. i think if it hooked it would run somewhere in the 8's?

there are some "boss" cars there as my dad says.

the black 57 chevy gasser is probly one of my favorite cars to watch there

Comment

Good choice on a car.

My story is similar to yours. I got mine when I was 14, just a couple months before I turned 15. Didn't start driving it until I was out of HS; mom thought I should learn to drive in something else. At the time I hated it, but looking back it was a good thing; I probably would have balled the 16-second slug up.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

i should be getting some new pics this weekend when me and my dad go to check out the car

Comment

One more G-body forum you need to join is called

All of the original 1978-1983 Chevy Malibu information is still here, just in a newer package. If you run across any pages that don't work, or information

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

looks like theres some good stuff there. im waiting for my confirmation email

Comment

Another great Monte site is montecarlocity.proboards.com. One more is wickedmontes.com. Welcome!
                            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

WOW NO A/C FROM THE FACTORY! how rare is THAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X