Schtauffer's 85 Monte SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    that's about how I had them do my '80 MC many years ago, your's looks nicer. Excellent job. I always had mixed emotions about the 5.0 looking tail pipes on the SS. Now the big question is, how do you keep a garage so clean? I can see WALL in the reflection!!!

Answer: the garage is so small that if we put things along the wall, we can't get out of the car.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

• The air cleaner stud broke and went down in the 350. It made some very bad noises. Haven't torn it apart yet, but I'm not optimistic it can/will be salvaged. I'm not disappointed, really... 60k miles and 19 years is not bad at all for an engine that was built in high school for $800!
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

• Hi Gene!

Sorry to hear about the 350 but it DOES present an opportunity! Those air cleaner studs have claimed more than their share of engines.

Dan

Comment

• Im hoping to here that its just a valve or a head at the worst .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Well... that would be nice. Unfortunately, the #8 cylinder wall is busted.

Comment

• oh crap. Sorry to hear that.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• So , whats the plan . ( It can change ) Another SBC or will you migrate to a LS engine .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Still working on a 400 sbc. My brother is putting it together, but he's got 9 kids so it's going relatively slow. No worries.

Comment

Working...
                  X