• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    Re: HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Drew, Yes I remember that one ! I really would like a 3500 cummins dodge frame?motor combo. Since I'm not in a real big hurry to do anything with it ( got another girl graduation this yr ,plus the other girl going to college ) I may happen
    on a deal of a roll over .
    Blazer, No I really don't want to do it , it just seems to be the most feasible way to get this thing down the road at a respectable speed and get it stopped without breaking the bank . Or get a diveorce ! lol

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    Legendary BangShifter

• Blazerteam
    replied

Nice International ;).If i had new framed it,i would have found a frame with large wheels..I can understand that you want to do it.how about doin a car freighter?

Leave a comment:

• 91CCFirebird
    Superhero BangShifter

• 91CCFirebird
    replied

That thing is sick!
    Does this picture ring a bell Dan? (Late model ram frame and cummins)
    Ramptruck?

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Originally posted by Beagle
    I think I grew hair on my knucles and my voice got lower just looking at it. It's MANLY. I hate to see it lose it's nuts on a late model frame. That think scares me from here. Not quite as scary as pulling it with an Astro!

I really like the bigger front wheel look on this truck, and sadly, I really like the look of the front wheels too.

Hey - what kind of dog is that with the Clydesdale feet?
    That's Meatball. He's my daughter's 3 month old Great Dane. He's a blast . Just like Marmaduke .

Leave a comment:

• fahrenschnell
    Legendary BangShifter

• fahrenschnell
    replied

That is awesome......I am going to be watching this one closely...

Seth

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

If you notice the one shot on the road,we pulled it home with the red van. I told the wife that the brakes probably wouldn't work so to take it slow. Well it was pretty heavy so she thought the brakes were workingand had me up to 20mph. Although the tires are holding air still, as long as it sat , one felt a little square !

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    Administrator

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Man!

You are my kinda lunatic. That is a killer truck!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Finally got some pictures for you all. Still not sure what I am going to do with it. Probably turn it into a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive step side pick up or a 1 ton flat bed with newer frame. To make servicing out on the open road possible and to get away from the split rims that nobody wants to fool with.

Thanks to Mariah my daughter for all her artist work in taking these pictures.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

I know this is worthless without pics but I'll post some soon. I picked up a '53 International Harvester R-180 2 ton dump truck. This thing has been behind a barn for the 13yrs that I've lived on my road. Who knows how long its been there. Anyway they were wanting to get rid of it bad so I got it for my favorite price . They did want the bed of it so ......bummer on that but , they did leave all the hydraulics and the ram/cylinder. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but I've always wanted it. Spent the whole day wenching the thing in the barn by hand . The thing has a muncie power take - off to run the pump, and it happens to have a manual 5- speed . I don't think its got over-drive , haha . Does anyone know what brand it is for sure . I think it might be a CLARK .

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Shes alive!

Leave a comment:

• VortecRS
    Tire Chirper

• VortecRS
    replied
    Re: This is the latest bird the cat drug home!

So it should be running today then right? Well if you don't spend too much time on here!

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Originally posted by VortecRS
    Well hey that looks like its gonna work out pretty good for you.
    I cut the tubes and pulled the sender/pump out.Worked great ! Seems the reason I could hear the pump run but not get any gas(even before the filter ) was the short hose ahead of the pump had disolved! Going to just put in new hose and use the old pump since if it doesn't work it wont take long to pull it out again.

Leave a comment:

• VortecRS
    Tire Chirper

• VortecRS
    replied

Well hey that looks like its gonna work out pretty good for you.

Leave a comment:

• ecniv
    Superhero BangShifter

• ecniv
    replied

Good old trap door method.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    Superhero BangShifter

• HoosierGTA
    replied

I tried to show with the tape measure, the whole is 7" X 12", but 6X12 would be better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X