X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Changed the fuel filter yesterday .YOU can splash some gas down the TBI and it will start but still not keep running.Today I decided to forgo the 14hrs that it takes me to do this job w/o a lift, and cut an access hole in the floor to pull the sending unit out. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have one of the young'ens todo the work for me .

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Originally posted by VortecRS
    Yeah I would think that the mold would be dead but there is a litttle problem....the seats are dead too haha
    yes but I have to more sets .

Leave a comment:

• VortecRS
    replied
    Re: This is the latest bird the cat drug home!

Yeah I would think that the mold would be dead but there is a litttle problem....the seats are dead too haha

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    HoosierGTA's CARS AND PROJECTS

But If I'm going to have to paint the nose red might as well paint the hood .T -tops have cracks took the rear seats out yesterday ,set them on fire that should kill the mold . Leaving the seat belts in just in case.Really it's not going to be any less comfy back there !

Leave a comment:

• JustinSuhas
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
    Originally posted by JustinSuhas
    I like your cars!

however, i gotta disagree, my buddy painted his hood black, (similar style of car) and he regretted it. I thought it looked bad too. It looked like he just bought the hood as a replacement and hadn't had time to paint it yet. i always had a lot of appreciation for rough car with good fit. When all the gaps are even, the doors shut without rattles, it says more to me than a cobbled together paintjob and sloppy fit.
    If I do go with the back hood and trunk I'll run a 1/8" wide pin stripe about a 1/2 to 1" from the edge ,I think it would make it tie in together . I test fitted the TA nose that came in the trunk I really want a 91 or 92 nose and tail (like whats on the formula that DF is trying to sell )but, this is what I gotto get it on the road. It'll allow me to not have to pay top dollar for the first on I find.
    Oh, thats much better than painting it black gap to gap. but you knew that.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS GTA and Formula projects

P.S> I just camein from the garage .Just started the formula ,When I bought it they said it start but the batt. was dead. I was going to by it anyway since I have a 300hp / 355 and a stock 305 on the garage floor but , nice to not have to do a swap.Really want to put the 355 in the GTA. It didnt even smoke. Now all I have to do is figure why it won't keep running.(305 tbi ) probably fuel pump, or filter. Obviously its been in a mild crash do these cars have a reset botton for the fuel pump?

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Originally posted by JustinSuhas
    I like your cars!

however, i gotta disagree, my buddy painted his hood black, (similar style of car) and he regretted it. I thought it looked bad too. It looked like he just bought the hood as a replacement and hadn't had time to paint it yet. i always had a lot of appreciation for rough car with good fit. When all the gaps are even, the doors shut without rattles, it says more to me than a cobbled together paintjob and sloppy fit.
    If I do go with the back hood and trunk I'll run a 1/8" wide pin stripe about a 1/2 to 1" from the edge ,I think it would make it tie in together . I test fitted the TA nose that came in the trunk I really want a 91 or 92 nose and tail (like whats on the formula that DF is trying to sell )but, this is what I gotto get it on the road. It'll allow me to not have to pay top dollar for the first on I find.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

For those of you out there that haven't figured this out VortecRS is my son and the car was in my name only for the cheaper insurance rates.

Leave a comment:

• VortecRS
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
    Originally posted by VortecRS
    Hey that my Camaro!!!! ;D
    wasn't it it technically mine as of this shot ,I mean except the money and all!
    The car was titled and registered to you then but... It was mine then and now IT is mine.

Leave a comment:

• JustinSuhas
    replied

I like your cars!

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied
    HoosierGTA 's CARS ANDPROJECTS

I obviously love the GTA 's but the formulas just seem more down to buisness. It'll make a better everyday car cause the T-tops and w/out the ground effects theres about 4" inches less width to swing my work boots over!

Leave a comment:

• Memphis
    replied

NIce I"ve always loved thos GTA's and Formulas.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Sorta like the late 70s RS camaros.But my favoite color is red . I plan on getting it started tomorrow and we'll go from there. I wasn't kidding about the drug home part. Washed it in the rain yeastrday to see how much of the mildew / tree funk would come off.Man people thot I was nuts one of them even stopped.

Leave a comment:

• etbird
    replied

I like the black hood idea. With the hatch and t tops it sounds like it would look good.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied

I think you should put an LT1 or LT4 in it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X