HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Finally got some pictures for you all. Still not sure what I am going to do with it. Probably turn it into a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive step side pick up or a 1 ton flat bed with newer frame. To make servicing out on the open road possible and to get away from the split rims that nobody wants to fool with.

Thanks to Mariah my daughter for all her artist work in taking these pictures.

Comment

Man!

You are my kinda lunatic. That is a killer truck!

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If you notice the one shot on the road,we pulled it home with the red van. I told the wife that the brakes probably wouldn't work so to take it slow. Well it was pretty heavy so she thought the brakes were workingand had me up to 20mph. Although the tires are holding air still, as long as it sat , one felt a little square !

Comment

That is awesome......I am going to be watching this one closely...

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
            I think I grew hair on my knucles and my voice got lower just looking at it. It's MANLY. I hate to see it lose it's nuts on a late model frame. That think scares me from here. Not quite as scary as pulling it with an Astro!

I really like the bigger front wheel look on this truck, and sadly, I really like the look of the front wheels too.

Hey - what kind of dog is that with the Clydesdale feet?
            That's Meatball. He's my daughter's 3 month old Great Dane. He's a blast . Just like Marmaduke .

Comment

That thing is sick!
              Does this picture ring a bell Dan? (Late model ram frame and cummins)
              Ramptruck?

Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Nice International ;).If i had new framed it,i would have found a frame with large wheels..I can understand that you want to do it.how about doin a car freighter?

Comment

Drew, Yes I remember that one ! I really would like a 3500 cummins dodge frame?motor combo. Since I'm not in a real big hurry to do anything with it ( got another girl graduation this yr ,plus the other girl going to college ) I may happen
                  on a deal of a roll over .
                  Blazer, No I really don't want to do it , it just seems to be the most feasible way to get this thing down the road at a respectable speed and get it stopped without breaking the bank . Or get a diveorce ! lol

Comment

Dan
                    How about a pic of the El Camino in here!
                    What is the status of the GTA still non-op

Comment

Drew, I put some gas drier/ antifreeze ( alcohol ) in the tank let it set 24 hrs , then fired it up kept it running for 15 min to try and burn what was in the fuel line and then slowly kept revving it to 5000 rpm. Then when I was going to put the hood down I saw sparks around the back two plug wires on the drivers side. move them away from the block and it run fair. So , at this point it looks like I had bad gas as well as two bad plug wires. Probably from when a changed the plugs when the missing started ( bad gas ) .

Comment

Glad to hear you figured it out, I hope to get mine out of storage this week.

Comment

Better put a shovel on the front of that truck so you clean up after Meatball.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

LOL....guess it's a good thing you sold the hay-burner...makes more room in the barn for the truck.

Neat find...is that from the barn back east of your house? Would be a great candidate for a 7.3 PowerStroke(keep your IH ALL IH...LOL) swap.

Looks like L'il Meatball has gotten bigger since I seen him last....BTW, guys, that pup was along for a portion of the infamous "Red Ball Express"....the tradeoff-between Phil Cooper to Dan and myself.

That red van just won't die will it?

The trailer spindle still bent? Surprsed that RF tire held up as long as it did...we were VERY fortunate!

Comment

Rebel and Tieresmoke, Shovel......I'm looking for a bobcat (just kidding) that thing is a popping machine. I really think he puts more out than he takes in. #months old and his back is 2 ft high , and he's 50 lbs. Fix the bent axle are you kidding ? I got more tires to get rid of !!

Comment

Ya have a full size ford truck, and you pull it with the Chevy family wagon.... I could make a joke at Ford's expense here... but I'll just refrain - I do, however, like that suggestion about IH/Navstar diesel in there... that'd be cool
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X