HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

The maroon Ford you see in the photos isn't Dan's truck......now, his oldest daughter DOES have a 4x4 Ford truck, but that thing....let's say structural integrity isn't one of it's strong points.

That red Astro....I don't know that I've seen one worked as hard as Dan has worked it. He brought the trailer to me with that van....LOL....BTW, ever get the trans in the brown one yet?

Was the top end of the stock IH engine included with the purchase? Could be a cool one to do an in-frame on, get it running for cheap.....non-split rims can be found easily. Good excuse to ditch those non-matching bias-plies on the rear axle...I'd imagine it DOES ride like it has square tires.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
      The maroon Ford you see in the photos isn't Dan's truck......now, his oldest daughter DOES have a 4x4 Ford truck, but that thing....let's say structural integrity isn't one of it's strong points.

That red Astro....I don't know that I've seen one worked as hard as Dan has worked it. He brought the trailer to me with that van....LOL....BTW, ever get the trans in the brown one yet?

Was the top end of the stock IH engine included with the purchase? Could be a cool one to do an in-frame on, get it running for cheap.....non-split rims can be found easily. Good excuse to ditch those non-matching bias-plies on the rear axle...I'd imagine it DOES ride like it has square tires.
      Purchase? What purchase? No ,it didn't. Cylinders have 1/8 inch worth of rust pits ! The ford is structurly sound as long as your not talking about the body ! Brown van has been running well for quite some time now. Thanks for asking. I don't think I would want a Navistar in there as i would prolly have to take the cab off to work on it as you have to w/ the for body !

Comment

Here are 2 scenarios for the big truck project.

(Hey guys... it's Paula here... hope you are all doing fine)

Comment

I like the oxidized red one with some sort of bed

(Hi Paula, all is well here)
          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

The red 53-55 or so Stude is a friend of mine from works truck.He just retired and he has like 8 different studes. Anyway it is sitting on a F-350 cab& chassis frame. The Yellow 47 Stude is sitting on a 84ish Bronco frame. Drew , Paula says "hey back at ya' " . These are senareos b and c . Plan a is just to SBC what I already have. Still haven't got the motor out.

Comment

that thing is going to be "wicked cool"
              Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

The yellow 47 is his sons. He also works with me. He a member luker here . Goes by 47 stude. Maybe if a few of you guys pm him we can get him out of his shell.

Comment

Now you're talking, Studebaker exude cool.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                  X