HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you out there that haven't figured this out VortecRS is my son and the car was in my name only for the cheaper insurance rates.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinSuhas
      I like your cars!

however, i gotta disagree, my buddy painted his hood black, (similar style of car) and he regretted it. I thought it looked bad too. It looked like he just bought the hood as a replacement and hadn't had time to paint it yet. i always had a lot of appreciation for rough car with good fit. When all the gaps are even, the doors shut without rattles, it says more to me than a cobbled together paintjob and sloppy fit.
      If I do go with the back hood and trunk I'll run a 1/8" wide pin stripe about a 1/2 to 1" from the edge ,I think it would make it tie in together . I test fitted the TA nose that came in the trunk I really want a 91 or 92 nose and tail (like whats on the formula that DF is trying to sell )but, this is what I gotto get it on the road. It'll allow me to not have to pay top dollar for the first on I find.

Comment

HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS GTA and Formula projects

P.S> I just camein from the garage .Just started the formula ,When I bought it they said it start but the batt. was dead. I was going to by it anyway since I have a 300hp / 355 and a stock 305 on the garage floor but , nice to not have to do a swap.Really want to put the 355 in the GTA. It didnt even smoke. Now all I have to do is figure why it won't keep running.(305 tbi ) probably fuel pump, or filter. Obviously its been in a mild crash do these cars have a reset botton for the fuel pump?

Comment

Re: This is the latest bird the cat drug home!

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
          Originally posted by JustinSuhas
          I like your cars!

however, i gotta disagree, my buddy painted his hood black, (similar style of car) and he regretted it. I thought it looked bad too. It looked like he just bought the hood as a replacement and hadn't had time to paint it yet. i always had a lot of appreciation for rough car with good fit. When all the gaps are even, the doors shut without rattles, it says more to me than a cobbled together paintjob and sloppy fit.
          If I do go with the back hood and trunk I'll run a 1/8" wide pin stripe about a 1/2 to 1" from the edge ,I think it would make it tie in together . I test fitted the TA nose that came in the trunk I really want a 91 or 92 nose and tail (like whats on the formula that DF is trying to sell )but, this is what I gotto get it on the road. It'll allow me to not have to pay top dollar for the first on I find.
          Oh, thats much better than painting it black gap to gap. but you knew that.

Comment

HoosierGTA's CARS AND PROJECTS

But If I'm going to have to paint the nose red might as well paint the hood .T -tops have cracks took the rear seats out yesterday ,set them on fire that should kill the mold . Leaving the seat belts in just in case.Really it's not going to be any less comfy back there !

Comment

Yeah I would think that the mold would be dead but there is a litttle problem....the seats are dead too haha

Comment

Originally posted by VortecRS
                Yeah I would think that the mold would be dead but there is a litttle problem....the seats are dead too haha
                yes but I have to more sets .

Comment

Changed the fuel filter yesterday .YOU can splash some gas down the TBI and it will start but still not keep running.Today I decided to forgo the 14hrs that it takes me to do this job w/o a lift, and cut an access hole in the floor to pull the sending unit out. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I have one of the young'ens todo the work for me .

Comment

I tried to show with the tape measure, the whole is 7" X 12", but 6X12 would be better.

Comment

Good old trap door method.

Comment

Well hey that looks like its gonna work out pretty good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by VortecRS
                          Well hey that looks like its gonna work out pretty good for you.
                          I cut the tubes and pulled the sender/pump out.Worked great ! Seems the reason I could hear the pump run but not get any gas(even before the filter ) was the short hose ahead of the pump had disolved! Going to just put in new hose and use the old pump since if it doesn't work it wont take long to pull it out again.

Comment

So it should be running today then right? Well if you don't spend too much time on here!

Comment

Shes alive!

Comment

Re: HoosierGTA 's CARS AND PROJECTS

I know this is worthless without pics but I'll post some soon. I picked up a '53 International Harvester R-180 2 ton dump truck. This thing has been behind a barn for the 13yrs that I've lived on my road. Who knows how long its been there. Anyway they were wanting to get rid of it bad so I got it for my favorite price . They did want the bed of it so ......bummer on that but , they did leave all the hydraulics and the ram/cylinder. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but I've always wanted it. Spent the whole day wenching the thing in the barn by hand . The thing has a muncie power take - off to run the pump, and it happens to have a manual 5- speed . I don't think its got over-drive , haha . Does anyone know what brand it is for sure . I think it might be a CLARK .

Comment

Working...
                                X