Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Did it go 200 or Blow?
    I got mad and 3rd pass turned the boost controller to 22#'s. Last run was a cold start (timing equip not working), missed 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts at 6800 and went 185.7. I couldn't get more than 14#'s out of it and it appears I have a leaking wastegate now. Oh well that's racing. I did average 25.2mpg on the 1296 mile round trip journey and it's back in the garage where i wont look at it for a week or 3.
    Last edited by JoeyG; May 5, 2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Was that your fastest pass? Was the wind slowing everyones car? Wish I could have been there. You plan on going to any of the other races? Thats great MPG. I have always thought a vette would make a great commutter
      Last edited by Russell; May 5, 2014, 11:45 AM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        Was that your fastest pass? Was the wind slowing everyones car? Wish I could have been there. You plan on going to any of the other races? Thats great MPG. I have always thought a vette would make a great commutter
        Very first pass was 177.xxx on 12#'s and super low timing, second pass went 185.2 granny shifting with boost controller set to 19#'s and only making 14#'s.

Comment

Joey, Joey, Joey – must I remind you this was your first outing with a completely new setup! I think these results are Great! You drove to the event, ran some numbers for a new base-line and then drove your piece-of-work home, all without incident.

How many other competitors drove To and From and ran even close to 185+? My guess would be NONE, but of course I didn't make the event so what do I know. …Congratulations Joey! Looking forward to seeing you and your truck in Tulsa.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede
          Last edited by Swede4; May 5, 2014, 01:24 PM.
          DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

I agree, Swede!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Swede4 View Post
              Joey, Joey, Joey – must I remind you this was your first outing with a completely new setup! I think these results are Great! You drove to the event, ran some numbers for a new base-line and then drove your piece-of-work home, all without incident.

How many other competitors drove To and From and ran even close to 185+? My guess would be NONE, but of course I didn't make the event so what do I know. …Congratulations Joey! Looking forward to seeing you and your truck in Tulsa.

Hardy Handshakes, Swede
              Swede the sound logic you possess always shines through. However it was a junkyard engine build so my reasoning is , "Eh what bad could happen that I would be concerned with". But the next round of upgrades will be worked on soon enough.

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

185.2mph pass with chute failure to open. Granny shifting at 58-6000. Instead of 6700 rpm shiftlight setting, yes I need to pay attention.

Comment

Did you decide what the 'chute issue was? I could see you pulling without result. Good thing the car has great brakes.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Did you decide what the 'chute issue was? I could see you pulling without result. Good thing the car has great brakes. Dan
                    I use steel cable clamps to hold the parachute release cable in place, and they had loisened and slipped a little. I put locknuts on them the next pass.

Comment

Glad it was a simple fix.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X