Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    at WOT its only shifting at 3500? That doesnt seem right
    I have to agree with this, should be closer to 4500 - 5000rpm for a stock or mild motor. You should have better acceleration than before due to the 3.06 first gear ratio in the 700r4 compared to the 2.52 first gear in the th350. I think the 1-2 shift may be coming too early. Seriously, one notch on the adjuster will make a noticeable difference.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• hmm, I'll have to click it back a click then, I clicked it forward about three clicks. unless the carb isnt opening up all the way, which I doubt, but will look into.

cant seem to win lol. It was roughly 3500ish but I'll play with it a little bit this week, Ive got a week until the exhaust goes on, then WOT pulls wont blow out my eardrums.

but I will say that seeing her off the cinder blocks and in my driveway, she is a good looking automobile. however I need to lower her a bit, would look much more sinister sitting closer to the dirt.
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Put on the wheel/tire setup you want first!
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

• im going to stick with the salt flats.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• car went to the exhaust shop today. full custom exhaust for 400 bucks. they did amazing work, its tucked up nice under the car, doesnt hang down anywhere, car has a nice muscular tone to it.

now that I can take it out on the main roads without blowing out my ear drums and bringing about undue attention from the police Ive been able to get the car into OD, need to still play with it a bit, cuz its sort of twitchy, but it does go into OD I need to use the GPS to measure speed, but according to the speedo (which I think is way wrong) at "70" its turning just above 2k.

Comment

• Very Cool. Any pics of the new exhaust?
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Rpm v speed could be right if........

Here's a formula to check mph using known gear ratio...not that it helps at the moment, but for the cost of a gasket, gear oil, and 1 - 2 hours you would know for sure without a doubt.

mph = (tire radius / 168) x (rpm / gear ratio) figuring these things is very easy if you have & use a spreadsheet.

Four hundred for a complete dual exhaust installed sounds VERY good to me. My Flowmaster pipe kit cost nearly that much. I already had the mufflers...hoarding paid off again...those puppies had been waiting for a dozen years for something to do. Then I had to provide the labor...you did GOOD!!

Comment

• I'll have to grab some pics, been running around the last few days.

but yeah, I was really impressed with the work they did. it has old school pencil tips on it, and the mufflers are a 2 chamber design. I was told that they are a flowmaster knockoff, but the car sound really good so I cant complain one bit.

I have a feeling the car has 2:73s in the rear, which would have been the base option. the speedo possibly being off doesnt bother me too much, there are two speed camera spots in town i have to keep my eye out for. the city in its infinite wisdom put them by the school, but they are on from 6am to 10pm monday-friday YEAR ROUND. been popped twice in the mustang so far. now I crawl through there lol

Comment

• not much has happened recently with the wagon, took her out today to recycle the 6 months worth of boxes that have accumulated in my garage from parts and etc. ran ok, always seems to be cranky when I use the car for actual utility. was surging a bit on the main road, but didnt have time to diagnose it today. I do however think that the TV cable is in the right spot finally. I am always leery driving it, not cuz its old, but cuz I built it, afraid its going to explode.

pic at the old abandoned and slightly overgrown parking lot from the old mall they tore down about a decade ago. blasted around it for a few mins before rolling out, afraid the cops were going to show up. All I can say is.... Holy body roll Batman. going to have to address that one of these days.

pic

Comment

• here is a pic of said mall.. circa mid 70s. the mall is long gone, just a field now, but the parking lot has very few light poles. if the surface wasnt so degraded, it would be perfect for an autocross track.

little history of the old mall, some retro pics its kind of cool. like I said, they tore it all down a few years back, when they opened the new mall on the north edge of town. center of the city used to be pretty bustling as well as quite nice. now its just a good place to buy heroin, get mugged or get a flat
                      Last edited by Shelty; September 6, 2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• The nose high stance isn't helping the car's cornering at all. A bigger sway bar and stiffer shocks will help with that. Lastly, an alignment with better angles than the stock numbers say. It helped my nose heavy Caprice.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I LOVE those wheels on that car. It just looks right, imo.

Sway bars along with the right spring / shock combo will help body roll a lot. I'm a big fan of polyurethane bushings too but there are other options. Bushing won't necessarily help body roll but they will improve the feel & handling of the car. Suspension work can get involved especially if it's your first time, may want to drive it for what warm weather remains.

That's kinda cool & sad about the mall. Cool that y'all have a new mall but sad that the old parking lot has been let go to waste.

Comment

• ....and I saved that picture as part of my screen-saver but I changed the name.

Comment

• haha, big ugly.

I agree on dropping the nose a bit! And get that 12 bolt (350 is a good deal!!!)
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

• Consider new body mounts.. Not sure if you wanna go solid or urethane.. We remove our body pucks on derby cars and go up to 3/4" bolts.. Makes the cars so much stronger.. In that vein, new mounts and bolts will stiffen up your frame.. I'd also check the frame welds looking for bad ones..

Comment

Working...
                                X