Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I agree with Scott on this one... I would probably go with the aluminum headed roller Base Dressed Engine

$4,495

430 HP / 450 FT LBS
    Cast Steel Crank

• BP38313CTC1

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    A 383 will make a huge difference. They are extremely popular because they make big torque over any 355. Our company's biggest seller.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by Shelty View Post
    1966 Chevrolet Bel-Air station wagon.

Late to the party, but that is an awesome longroof ... and I agree with Scott, build a 383 for that puppy !!!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Congrats on the blog ink!

Leave a comment:

• G-Motive
    replied
    I've got a 350 4 bolt sitting here but with you being on the other side of the country it's hardly worth mentioning.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    My best advice is to be patient, don't jump just because you are hungry. Good parts at good prices are out there if you are able to be patient and wait for them to come along. Of course if you have a rich uncle that is willing to back your fun you could buy a new block and all the goodies to fill it.
    Last edited by 68scott385; January 10, 2015, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    lol, yeah I know I almost could se the gas gauge dropping. I want to find a good block to build on, get a decent set of flowing heads and go from there. which means Im going to go to the chevy Carlisle this year. finding anything on CL around here is hard

but hey, at least gas is reasonably cheap these days
    Last edited by Shelty; January 10, 2015, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Secondaries on a Q-Jet...there goes the gas mileage.

383...YES...you won't believe the difference it will make.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    over the last month the wagon developed a "cute" problem when you would hit the brakes as in the engine would cut out when you stopped the car.

pulled the carb, put some JB on the bowl plugs on the base of the carb, adjusted the idle screws and put some new plugs in, and actually gapped them correctly. I also found a spot where the choke linkage was getting hung up, so I fixed that and the choke works flawlessly.

I also finally shortened the throttle rod linkage, cut about an inch and a half out of the rod, when I put the rod back on the car after the transmission swap, it was hitting the the bracket for the TV cable. so I originally bent it and thought I saw good, well it turns out that the secondaries were not opening up enough due to the linkage hitting the firewall. so I cut it and welded it back together, my mediocre welding has held up. so now I have a 4bbl quadrajet instead of a 2bbl one.

just need to fiddle with a few more things and then I can focus on other areas, like the rest of the car lol

going to talk to my coworkers dad who built the 355 for his cutlass, see if he will help me build a 383 for this brick.

Leave a comment:

• Stewzer55
    replied
    It's amazing how much a difference being quiet can make, want loud just roll down the window.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    thanks, yeah, its like a whole new car now. much quieter, a nicer place to be for sure. the next thing for the interior will probably be re carpeting the tailgate area or new windlace around the doors. Ive debating getting the trim for the dash, I like the way it looks and it would finish out the dash nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by Shelty View Post
    been a while since I contributed pictures to the thread. I didnt snap any pictures of the floor pan patches, or the sound deadener being put in, kind of got into a role and just was in work mode. but the carpet is in, not perfect, but its pretty good, the interior looks a ton better. its quiet inside now, so quiet I can hear the air leaks. I need to order floor mats, among other things.

Those Bel Air and Biscaynes without the dash trim kinda look naked. Amazing how much better the interior looks with just a new carpet.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Lookin' good!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    been a while since I contributed pictures to the thread. I didnt snap any pictures of the floor pan patches, or the sound deadener being put in, kind of got into a role and just was in work mode. but the carpet is in, not perfect, but its pretty good, the interior looks a ton better. its quiet inside now, so quiet I can hear the air leaks. I need to order floor mats, among other things.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    thanks

carpets been ordered, about 50% done putting down new seam sealer. going to paint the floor, new undercoating and then i can get the seat back in. still got a ways to go with the interior, but at least the hard part will be done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X