No announcement yet.

The War Wagon... decaring wars on the grocery store since 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a 350 4 bolt sitting here but with you being on the other side of the country it's hardly worth mentioning.

Comment

• Congrats on the blog ink!
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
        1966 Chevrolet Bel-Air station wagon.

Late to the party, but that is an awesome longroof ... and I agree with Scott, build a 383 for that puppy !!!

Comment

• A 383 will make a huge difference. They are extremely popular because they make big torque over any 355. Our company's biggest seller.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I agree with Scott on this one... I would probably go with the aluminum headed roller Base Dressed Engine

$4,495

430 HP / 450 FT LBS
            Cast Steel Crank

• BP38313CTC1
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The thing to remember about building your own engine is that if anything goes wrong with it the warranty is your wallet. If you buy a crate engine it comes with some type of warranty but you don't get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I'm sure more than one of us have assembled a motor only to have it fail prematurely. If you do build it, DO NOT get in a hurry.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                  What? Large grins and dropped chins?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                    What might that be?

Comment

• High torque engines in long roofs!
                      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• Why...Epic launches of course!
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; January 11, 2015, 04:03 PM.
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I agree with Scott on this one... I would probably go with the aluminum headed roller Base Dressed Engine

$4,495

430 HP / 450 FT LBS
                          Cast Steel Crank
                          • BP38313CTC1

Yep. That's the one. Here's what it sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdNyXGK_Gs
                          Last edited by Scott Liggett; January 11, 2015, 08:39 PM.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• nice. that Elco sounding amazing. I will definitely consider that vs building one. would take a good bit of saving for that beast, time to put in some OT. I know that building one has a risk of failure, regardless of how good a my buddy's dad is, stuff can always go wrong... Ive not even researched the costs of everything with building a stroker. plus who is to say that a block I buy off of CL or out of a yard would even be good in the first place.

i know its the plan, just have not gotten to the planning stage yet lol Im not really one to rush stuff, took me several months before I knew what a 700 swap would entail before I began hacking the car apart last year. A 383 will end up in this car eventually, I think a stroker would suit this car better than an LS swap..

sadly no rich uncles to speak of. Just your regular old baller on a budget lol. I'd say I could win the lottery, but I dont gamble haha. Need to find me a sugar momma.
                            Last edited by Shelty; January 11, 2015, 10:19 PM.
                            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• I'm not sure parting out Hellinor is a good idea but then who am I to judge

Comment

• lol, that car is not going anywhere, Im the 2nd owner of that mustang, parents bought it brand new in dec 2004 (has an 11/04 door sticker build date) I bought it from them in 2011. its a 78,000 mile car with some tasteful mods, full suspension, rims/tires, CAI/axleback/tune, shifter, gears etc. I have all the dealer paperwork from when they bought it and the window sticker.

never getting rid of it, short of it getting hit by a truck. at which point id buy either a fully restored 71 fastback, a 64-68 barracuda or a 2015 style stang.
                                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
                                X