• Shelty
    replied
    its not squeaky or anything.

also, you need to buy that 66 impala wagon. do eettt do eettt naow

Leave a comment:

• RustyRodder
    replied
    Nice!

for weatherstripping, I learned silicon spray is my friend.

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    the rear door weatherstripping was sitting on my back step today, so with nothing better to do I installed it. Driver side went in with no problem, the pass side rear door, someone at somepoint used some sort of horrible adhesive to put it back on in the most bassackwards way ever. took well over an hour to scrape enough of it off to get a smooth surface for the Permex black adhesive. I did the best I could with a razor blade, my dremel with a abrasive pad took paint off so I gave up on that, tried a heat gun and that hardly worked.

let it set up and took it around the block and the noise inside has been reduced a good bit, and I am sure it will be more quiet once the rubber forms to the door frame in a few days

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    Originally posted by Casper View Post
    So you'll be converting it to a 4X4 you're sayin... lol

Pretty clean old wagon
    an AWD 60s wagon would be incredibly cool, though expensive. lol

thanks. man

Leave a comment:

• Spaceman Spiff
    replied
    another awesome wagon!

Leave a comment:

• Casper
    replied
    So you'll be converting it to a 4X4 you're sayin... lol

Pretty clean old wagon

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    the trans crossmember showed up, very nice piece, probably will be the cleanest and nicest thing on the car.

now if the weather will stabilize and stay nice for more than 12 hrs I can commence the swap, that way its ready for summer and I dont have to worry about driving my mustang in the snow at all

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    you mean a new blueprint engine, right? ;)

Bill, I'll be headed down south end of may- get the trans dropped out and I;ll swng by to help you punch in the new one!
    yeah, pretty much. cant go wrong with those. small block chevy into a small block chevy.... how hard can it be?

thanks Alex, but I hope to have it back on the road by the end of may. just in time for summer cruising. already got a guy who will help me with fixing any and all issues with the floor once I get brave and rip the scuzzy carpet out of the car.

interior resto will go carpet, doors dashpad.

Leave a comment:

• RustyRodder
    replied
    you mean a new blueprint engine, right? ;)

Bill, I'll be headed down south end of may- get the trans dropped out and I;ll swng by to help you punch in the new one!

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    killer wagon! looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Shelty
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Chad has a '66 Bel Air wagon sitting in his backyard that he needs to get working on. Hopefully, he will see this and get some inspiration.

What kind of wheels are those?
    15 inch American Racing Salt Flats. they need a good polish.

rust wise, she isnt too bad, underneath the rad support is rusted, and the pass side floorboard needs a little attention, but she seems pretty solid for her age. she has a few bad spots that I can see, but for a 48 year old car from the north east, it aint too bad. I plan to drive this till the wheels fall off, put them back on and drive some more; if anything goes bad, I can always plop the body on a new frame down the road.

after I swap the transmission, I plan on tackling the interior 1 piece at a time. the seats are in good enough condition to leave alone for now. , but the carpets are shot as are the door panels and the dashpad. luckily all that stuff can be sourced from several Impala vendors online. I also need to fix the horn, someone cut the wires for some reason, just havnt had the time or the motivation to repair them. I also want to add a tach and see about maybe getting better gauges than the sort of functional sunpro pieces.. the oil pressure gauge works alright, temp gauge barely lifts off 100 degrees, volts is fine. but all in good time.

if the 327 ventilates itself, I plan on just dropping a new budget small block chevy crate engine into it.
    Last edited by Shelty; March 23, 2014, 05:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• derbydad276
    replied
    I love long roof cars its the only way 4 doors are cool

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Chad has a '66 Bel Air wagon sitting in his backyard that he needs to get working on. Hopefully, he will see this and get some inspiration.

What kind of wheels are those?

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    Beautiful car. You didn't get hurt with the buy-in price either, IMO. The engine & trans tweaks are the easy part anyway, IMO. Body work can be the challenging part, again IMO. I think you need a big block to take up some of that expanse of under hood area, wasted space and all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X