Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelty View Post

yeah, its a tough job. lol

could have done better, but I suck firing weak hand unsupported. been working on it but can still improve. could have been worse tho, I could have had my shotgun break like one of the guys there.

whats a Radar Range? sounds like it would be fun.

Predessor to the microwave oven. Cooked food by nuking it. Twice as big, twice as heavy, twice the power to use. Every light in the house would dim when you fired one up.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Predessor to the microwave oven. Cooked food by nuking it. Twice as big, twice as heavy, twice the power to use. Every light in the house would dim when you fired one up.
      dang, thats pretty crazy. I wonder if the food would set of a Geiger counter after it cooked.

isnt dropping a dime like snitching on someone?
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

When was the last time anyone even saw a Public pay telephone, much less one that would make a call for a dime!?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

there was a payphone that I saw recently. i cannot remember exactly where it was, something tells me it was at walmart. They still have payphones at the jail. I think they are like 3 dollars a minute or something like that.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Blast from the past! Those first micro waves were sure big heavy and expensive!

Comment

we had a Panasonic (1976) that opened like a clam ... how bout this mutha?

1962. Those feet probably poked through linoleum. Maybe the title shouldn't say Grocery and I'd quit derailling the hell out of it. Ooooops. Sorry. Back to the wagon!

Comment

Its all relative...............took a wagon to haul that sucker home!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

i think it may have taken a bit more than a wagon lol.

anyway back to my wagon.

good news. the trans is in. finally.

extremely tired but its in. didnt really take much to wrestle it in. I need to go get more bellhousing bolts, like two more, cuz the two top ones were too short, the case on the 700 is thicker than the PG. I also have a billion other things to buy but at least the heavy lifting is done

I had to cut the center of the "H" out on the H-pipe out in order to slide the transmission up into position. the exhaust is going to be modified/changed anyway, so I didnt feel too bad. it wont take much to weld it back together so no real bit worries.

\

Bowtie overdrives crossmember.

luckily, I know the old saying with hotrodding in that nothing is 100% bolt on. although the bow tie overdrives crossmember is very nice, the mounting point on the crossmember for the transmission is not 100% centered, so with some finagling and some loc-tite, I managed to get one bolt into the rubber mount that bolts to the crossmember for now its good enough for me to limp the car to a shop, have them cut and weld the bracket about half an inch over. Im pretty sure the crossmember is the issue, as the trans is bolted up to the engine, the engine isnt at some strange angle.

but on the bright side, the torque conveter and the flexplate bolted up perfectly fine to one another.

but im done with it for a few days until the next paycheck comes in, I was going to do more, but my buddy came by with his corvette so we went cruising and went to Hooters. damn that 'vette hauls ass. I never was in a corvette before.

Comment

Do the frame ends of the cross member have elongated holes? Maybe you could slide the cross member laterally to get the mounts to line up. Just a thought.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

they do, but no matter which way I move it, the cross member does not go far enough to be of any good. I thought about elongating the holes even more, but that thing was such a pain in the butt to get into the car, Im surprised I was able to get it in to begin with. I dont want to modify the bracket that the crossmember bolts the one welded to the frame rail. the only thing aside from the cross member mounting pad being off centered is that, it appears that the Driver side bracket on the frame rail had been re welded at some point. it could have possibly just been rewelded in the wrong spot. there are several hinky places on this car that has me head scratching, I'll just have someone look at it when i get it back together. once I get everything tight, it will be good enough to limp down the road to get fixed. my goal is to have it back on the road in july.

one thing I didnt try was centering the crossmember under the mounting pad on the trans, then see where the holes where it mounts to the frame line up. I could always take a crack at that after work one of these days. I just need to get motivated to order the next set of parts. probably do the linkage for the shifter next

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post

one thing I didnt try was centering the crossmember under the mounting pad on the trans, then see where the holes where it mounts to the frame line up. I could always take a crack at that after work one of these days. I just need to get motivated to order the next set of parts. probably do the linkage for the shifter next
                        5 bolts, a 2x4 and a jack... sounds like a good next step, and priced right!

Comment

pretty much. its two bolts on each side of the crossmember, then there are supposed to be two bolts that bolt the trans mount to the crossmember. but I'll figure it out one way or another. its hotrodding, either it fits or you make it fit.

Comment

I suspect you will eventually sweat out the details...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

yeah, its not a super huge issue. another idea I had was to see if I can center the crossmember under the trans, and if I cant get the bolts to work where it bolts to the frame just weld it. i'll figure it out

Comment

have not been out to mess with the car the last couple days. I need to get out and pick up more bolts for the bellhousing, two were too short to use. also will go get some self tapping screwed, found a place to mount the dipstick on the firewall.

ordered a lokar shift linkage should be here in a few days.

also my Cpl told me of a place a couple miles from me that will do a custom exhaust system for 300 bucks. its worth looking into, I can always drive the car up there open headers.

Comment

Working...
                                X