No announcement yet.

The War Wagon... decaring wars on the grocery store since 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to stick with a mechanical pump Alex.

When I install the new motor that bolt is going in backwards as well.
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Love it. Great to see the War Wagon being readied for the next campaign. Was through Salisbury Friday on the way back to Norfolk from NYC...and will be going through again driving the Cyclone up to the Ford show at US13 Dragway this coming Sunday. The Eastern Shore strikes me as a special place...bit flat but special nevertheless. Good luck withe crate motor install.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• thanks. Its coming along . only have done a small amount of work to it the last couple days. On early rotation this week so Im up at 5-5:30 and out the door by 6am, and I dont get home till 4, then by the time I get done at the gym its late like 6-7pm and the bugs are bad and I have to keep the garage open because its always hot in there. I got bit some 7 times today, which sucked royally, I wish Skeeters were extinct.... Its been a chilly 90+ here on the shore since....May so I have zero motivation to work on it in the afternoon. Tonight I got the motor taped up for paint, got one of the manifolds unbolted at the collector as well. not much for pictures, plus im terrible at taking them because I get into a groove and forget.

but here is a small teaser from yesterday.... black and white for added drama....

Soon....soon

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• thanks. Its coming along . only have done a small amount of work to it the last couple days. On early rotation this week so Im up at 5-5:30 and out the door by 6am, and I dont get home till 4, then by the time I get done at the gym its late like 6-7pm and the bugs are bad and I have to keep the garage open because its always hot in there. I got bit some 7 times today, which sucked royally, I wish Skeeters were extinct.... Its been a chilly 90+ here on the shore since....May so I have zero motivation to work on it in the afternoon. Tonight I got the motor taped up for paint, got one of the manifolds unbolted at the collector as well. not much for pictures, plus im terrible at taking them because I get into a groove and forget.

but here is a small teaser from yesterday.... black and white for added drama....

Soon....soon

Comment

• motor is the right color now... Hood is off now, exhaust is off, just a few more bolts and the oil pressure sensor line to remove and I can start yanking the block out. Should be out this weekend unless I get lazy. Then its clean clean clean, paint paint paint, mount the needed parts to the engine and drop her in.

Comment

• motor is out. begun the worst part of this build, cleaning all the crud out of the engine bay. scraped a large majority of it off, now just working on the residual junk. once its clean as I can get it, Im going to paint what needs paint chassis black. Then I just have a few small odds and ends to sort out before I put the new engine in its home.

Its moving along.

Comment

• Plug all the important orifices, soak in degreaser, and pressure wash. jmo not necessarily my actions
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• I got her soaking in degreaser tonight, going to try to get in a quick scrubbing tomorrow morning before work.... most of the grunge scraped right off luckily. the worst spot was the cross member. Picked up some chassis black for when she is all clean. my goal is to have her new motor stabbed into the car by the middle of the month. I wont get much done this week due to being on late shift unfortunately.

Comment

• definately get a pressure washer on it
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                      definately get a pressure washer on it
                      I dont want to flood my garage. I attempted to build a catch pan using wood and a tarp, but it leaked all over....

the grungyness isnt nearly as bad as I thought it be. its just a bit greasy.

Comment

• Pull it outside, let it run into the gutter

Comment

• Old formula Easy-Off oven cleaner kicks butt. Worth a try if you have any really stubborn spots.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Old formula Easy-Off oven cleaner kicks butt. Worth a try if you have any really stubborn spots.

Dan
                            and by old formula Easy-off... that would be LYE, caustic soda, sodium hydroxide ... nasty stuff. Wear gloves and long sleeves and EYE PROTECTION. It'll rip paint off of plastic too.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Think about kids and pets running in the run off easy off...
                              I used to take stuff by the driveway culvert (dead end street, before sub division infusion) and spray stuff then hose off into the ditch..
                              Now the ditch goes underground at my property line, under a home lot and street then out in "WETLANDS" ..read dead dangerous trees!
                              What is the neutralizer of Easy Off? Big box of baking soda?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                Old formula Easy-Off oven cleaner kicks butt. Worth a try if you have any really stubborn spots.

Dan
                                Simple Green works great too and is biodegradable, according to their literature. Also, it doesn't make your car smell like it was too close to a chemical plant that exploded.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X