The War Wagon... decaring wars on the grocery store since 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post

some days I think had i done that i'd be better off.... but I wanted overdrive.

I don't remember were i seen it, think maybe an episode of roadkill were they bolted on a overdrive to the back of a Dodge.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post

That sucks I thought you had a turbo 350 in the wagon. Most of the local transmission guys in town here don't even want to be bothered with rebuilding anymore.

Aint that the truth. When the 4l60 went bad in my 04 Trailblazer, all the shops just swap the trans. I'm on my 3rd Jasper in 1 year.

On my 06 Freestar or Trailblazer I don't notice much if any difference if I use OD. That's why I haven't put a T5 in my 66 and stuck with the wide ratio 4 speed Toploader.
      Last edited by Huskinhano; December 8, 2015, 03:44 PM.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

Aint that the truth. When the 4l60 went bad in my 04 Trailblazer, all the shops just swap the trans. I'm on my 3rd Jasper in 1 year.

On my 06 Freestar or Trailblazer I don't notice much if any difference if I use OD. That's why I haven't put a T5 in my 66 and stuck with the wide ratio 4 speed Toploader.

Jasper seems to be used alot in my area but i've heard good and bad.

With the 72, we bought a new motor. Did not want to waste time knowing what the hell got replaced or did not with a reman. The transmission got rebuilt by a shop that did a great job,except for the wrong bolts in the crossmember but i was able to fix that with a prybar and some grade 5's.
        Last edited by Runner1972; December 8, 2015, 04:51 PM.
        "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post

I don't remember were i seen it, think maybe an episode of roadkill were they bolted on a overdrive to the back of a Dodge.
          They put a gear vendors on the superbee those are quite expensive compared to just getting the trans rebuilt.

Got the 700r4 out this afternoon in about 2 hrs. sitting on my garage floor right now, going off to the rebuilder tomorrow. friend of a friend who knows how to rebuild transmissions on the side. he said he has a case coming in to put my parts in, so shouldnt be too long.

I noticed a big improvement with the overdrive trans vs the Powerglide.
          Last edited by Shelty; December 8, 2015, 10:39 PM.
          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post

They put a gear vendors on the superbee those are quite expensive compared to just getting the trans rebuilt.

Got the 700r4 out this afternoon in about 2 hrs. sitting on my garage floor right now, going off to the rebuilder tomorrow. friend of a friend who knows how to rebuild transmissions on the side. he said he has a case coming in to put my parts in, so shouldnt be too long.

I noticed a big improvement with the overdrive trans vs the Powerglide.
            Hell yeah, 3.06 first gear compared to 1.76 in the Powerglide.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Know of many who revved their powerglides to 60+ mph in first..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Know of many who revved their powerglides to 60+ mph in first..
                That is like saying I revved my TH350 in 2nd to 60 mph. 2.76 1st, 1.76 2nd, 1.0 3rd. And I revved my TH350 96 mph in 2nd.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

That is like saying I revved my TH350 in 2nd to 60 mph. 2.76 1st, 1.76 2nd, 1.0 3rd. And I revved my TH350 96 mph in 2nd.
                  I was sure it was more, but details become fuzzy as you age.. "The older I get, the faster I was". Much better to err conservatively than to overstate
                  After all Shelty is a COP... Not wise to admit breaking the law to an offisher

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I was sure it was more, but details become fuzzy as you age.. "The older I get, the faster I was". Much better to err conservatively than to overstate
                    After all Shelty is a COP... Not wise to admit breaking the law to an offisher
                    Not that I care. He is in Maryland and this was 15 years ago in California. I ran it to 95-96 mph in 2nd when drag racing it. I was usually 4 car lengths from the finish line when I shifted to 3rd.
                    Last edited by Scott Liggett; December 9, 2015, 12:51 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=Scott Liggett;n1073662]

Not that I care. He is in Maryland and this was 15 years ago in California. I ran it to 95-96 mph in 2nd when drag racing it. I was usually 4 car lengths from the finish line when I shifted to 3rd.[/QUOTE

lol.

Im pretty sure the statute of limitations is up on that one lol

I dropped the trans off with the builder today, he is going to go through mine, and upgrade a few things, and move my valve-body over. he has a case coming to replace my broken one. There are 3-4 rebuilds in front of me, and this is his side job, so she'll be sitting a while, which is perfect opportunity to clean up some wiring, replace the starter and clean up the mess of ATF thats EVERYWHERE!
                      Last edited by Shelty; December 9, 2015, 08:36 PM.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• . LOL!

Comment

• Nothin' like ATF to spread itself all over and hide from being completely removed. I have a trans blanket that got soaked (it was on Mutt when I got him) and it's been thru countless wash cycles at the laundromat but is still slimey feeling. Not sure where to go from here. Hope you can get your mess cleaned up.

Dan

Comment

• Dan, I'd find a tub that will hold the trains blanket, pour in a gallon of SimpleGreen and add water to cover the blanket. Let it soak for a few days and poke it around with a stick every so often, then wring it out and try the laundromat dealio again. Bet that does it!

Shelby, if you have a grubby place on the garage floor, sweep that atf mess over to it for a day.....might as well end up with a really clean floor since you have to clean some of it anyways.....atf will really loosen up grimey concrete.
                            Last edited by STINEY; December 11, 2015, 05:07 AM.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Thanks. yeah, the ATF is on the floor of the garage, all over the exhaust, the starter, the passenger side undercarriage, a nice line down my gravel/weed driveway, and down my entire street. lol

the street and the driveway will clean itself over winter with rain and snow, the garage floor and the car, well, bust out the simple green again....

Comment

• 50-50 Dawn and water.. Spray from a bottle to break it up.. Hides the rainbow the DEQ looks for while tracking oil.

Comment

Working...
                                X