• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming along nicely! That looks to be one clean wagon
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

Comment

• Thanks. She is in pretty decent shape, some rust, but not that bad. still a little bit of neglect to undo, but shes pretty good.

I have the multi-meter to check the voltage. I just havnt gotten a chance to do it. the weather has been poor, as well as some life bull-poo thats been interrupting me. I have until the end of may to fix any issues, as thats when Cruizin' Ocean city is, which is an enormous car show. had the wagon there last year and the old girl got some looks.
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• so I tried to check the voltage at the distributor, but I couldnt get a good reading from the multimeter. I did adjust the idle screws on the carb a little bit and the idle smoothed out. I drove it up and down the street and it doesnt break up anymore, it doesnt stall in gear and it doesnt stall when you hit the brakes. It also doesnt smell like its running as rich anymore. I'll see how she behaves tomorrow. Also fond out the brakes take some effort to get the car to stop, so I'll address that.

the bad news is, the transmission leak is back, no clue where its leaking from. it doesnt look like its leaking from the fittings, its a small dribble, its not gushing fluid out like it did when it leaked when I put it in originally. and I have to adjust the passenger side collector as i can hear a leak. once I set the TV cable, which I have to do still, she should be roadworthy enough to drive.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Ive not made an update in a while. turns out that all the issues I had with the car's quality of running was wiring related. Which was probably the problem the entire time with the car. Scott told me how to fix the issues, so I rewired the car, bypassed all the old ignition wiring, ran an auxillary fuse box for my added accessories, car runs great now, doesnt stall, doesnt bog. I took it for a spin around the block and aside from some minor surging in 4th gear the car is great.

my transmission builder is coming by sunday to double check the TV system, though im not too worried about it, since I have that valvebody in the transmission.

soon I can get on to cosmetic upgrades and some work on the mustang. The long delay I had was due to the horrible weather we had until recent and just being STUPID busy at work.

Comment

• Cool! Glad that you worked out the bugs - wiring can be a ROYAL PITA! All them volts and amps and stuff like that.

EDIT: I'm still working on the wiring on the Volvo along with the fuel system. Bolting the parts in is easy, making the small stuff fit and work is where it gets fussy.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; June 9, 2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• been driving the wagon around town for the last couple days. havnt taken it out of town, as Im just trying to do some shaketown runs. That and I really have no reason to leave town.There is a bypass highway that runs by my town, lets me get the car up to highway speed, and at 65-70 (as per the speedo) its running at 2000 rpm

she drives great, brakes still work, and turns heads.

just a few bugs to work out
              -transmission has a leak somewhere. notice that when you really get on it, it pukes ATF out from somewhere, but it doesnt leave puddles or a trail on the ground, so not sure whats going on. I might have simply overfilled it.
              -in 4th gear, if you lightly press the throttle, it either surges, or is flopping between 3rd and 4th. if you press the throttle down with firm pressure, it downshifts like it should. if its the surge from fuel, then I'll adjust the carb/ change jets. if its the transmission, then thats not good at all, Id need adjust the TV cable.luckily Im not worried about line pressure with that TCI valve body.
              -not sure if the converter is locking, I might need to add a switch. its wired, but just hard to tell if the lockup actually engages.
              -the starter needs a heat shield
              -I have to check the seal between the exhaust and the collector as there is a leak, I can hear it ticking.

overall I dont think thats too many issues for a car thats sat for almost 1 year, has a brand new engine and transmission.

Comment

• Check your battery cables. Make sure they are not getting hot by the exhaust. Too small or overheated positive battery cable usually is the problem.

You can easily find your exhaust leak with a 3 ft section of vacuum hose. Use it like a stethoscope. You find the exact point of the leak.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• found my exhaust leak. I used cheap header gaskets, that have blown out. So I'll be replacing those.

Also called Bow Tie Overdrives, that surge I thought I was feeling in overdrive, is the shuttle valve in the trans locking and unlocking the converter. Was told it was normal. so I'm no longer concerned.

so all left to do is find this leak, and check the battery cables/shield them from the headers.

then.... its on to the mustang for a while. it needs some exhaust work, and Ive found a few cosmetic mods I want to do.
                  Last edited by Shelty; June 15, 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Recently this thing decided to give me some trouble. first, for some reason, the wire from the TCC is shorting out, popping fuses, so I need to trace the wire see if its frayed or something under the car. so right now the car has no lock up. next is the car has been running like crap for no reason whatsoever. not sure whats going on, but its really hard to hot restart the car. its like it has no spark, as I can smell fuel. it just started out of the blue, one day it was fine the next day it was running like junk, started when the TCC started shorting out about a week ago.

lastly, got caught in a rain storm, the pass rear side glass needs to be resealed, as it leaks, also its leaking from somewhere on the passenger side door, as the passenger carpet was wet and i saw water dripping down the door panel. not a major issue, but explains why the passenger side floor was rotten.

Comment

• It never ends! Are you still on points or did you onvert?
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

• HEI, bypassed all the old wiring.

Comment

• Check your carb first. See if it is dripping from the boosters. A float or something might be stuck.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Ive gotta take a look at it. just havnt had time with work, night shift makes me a zombie

Comment

• Thread resurrection

Ok so a lot of something and a lot of nothing has happened on the wagon since the last update.

Converted the brakes to hydroboost. Now she doesn't bog down and stall when I bring the car to a stop. She still bogs a little bit but it's not that bad. Other than that she's just collected dust. I plan on making the interior a little nicer here soon, in addition to lowering it. Cheaply of course

Does anyone know of a rear coil over kit that fits the b-body? I've seen the Monroe/ Gabriel load adjust shocks. Doubt they are the same though. The rear suspension is wasted so it's due to be replaced

Comment

• Also my 2005 mustang is gone. Replaced with a 2017 mustang GT. Performance package, premium package. Damn near loaded to the brim. I've since ruined it with some lowering springs

Comment

Working...
                                X