No announcement yet.

The War Wagon... decaring wars on the grocery store since 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you back! Sorry but I gots nothin' on lowering the wagon but maybe Scott - I'll wager he's checked out the suspension on his Imp and think they're pretty similar.

Dan

Comment

• I've seen a lot for the A body. But not too much for the b-body. The front is easy, QA1 makes coil overs for the front as does ride tech and various other companies. The rear I havnt seen too much for. The air shocks are dead and the springs are pretty much wasted.
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• I don't necessarily want the car in the weeds, but it does need to be lowered a bit.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Might want to talk to Eaton Detroit to see if they can whip you up a set of springs in a lower height but similar (or desired) spring rate. Then just make sure the shocks still have the travel (should unless you move the bumpstops) and it will work. Better would be a set of shocks for a lower ride height but I don't think that's a big deal on a car that's not driven near the edge.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• Think I am just going to order some MOOG replacement springs for the rear.

the front will get drop spindles or a coil cut but the rear springs are completely wasted.

coil overs are pretty much out of my price range considering this is a cheapo beater.

Comment

Working...
            X