• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casper View Post
    So you'll be converting it to a 4X4 you're sayin... lol

Pretty clean old wagon
    an AWD 60s wagon would be incredibly cool, though expensive. lol

thanks. man
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

the rear door weatherstripping was sitting on my back step today, so with nothing better to do I installed it. Driver side went in with no problem, the pass side rear door, someone at somepoint used some sort of horrible adhesive to put it back on in the most bassackwards way ever. took well over an hour to scrape enough of it off to get a smooth surface for the Permex black adhesive. I did the best I could with a razor blade, my dremel with a abrasive pad took paint off so I gave up on that, tried a heat gun and that hardly worked.

let it set up and took it around the block and the noise inside has been reduced a good bit, and I am sure it will be more quiet once the rubber forms to the door frame in a few days

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Nice!

for weatherstripping, I learned silicon spray is my friend.
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

its not squeaky or anything.

also, you need to buy that 66 impala wagon. do eettt do eettt naow

Comment

Fine, loan me 2k haha
            Local person
            sigpic

Comment

Nice wagon ! And decent price ! I had a 66 327 w/ Qjet in my 55 Chevy. Great combo with the OD trans. Put some disc on the front and you will more golden ! That carb core is worth hanging on to..
              61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

thanks man! Im holding on to the junk carb, figure if its not good for backup parts, I can always use it as a return.

I need to get a timing light tho, car still has a tendency to have a rough or irratic idle,also is hard to start when cold, even with the choke shut. I am thinking that the timing may just be off a few degrees. or its a vacuum leak or a bad vacc advance
                Last edited by Shelty; March 30, 2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Got brave today and decided to see how bad the floors were up front, so I ripped out the stained, torn faded and nasty carpet.

the floors are not as bad as I thought. The are the original pans too.

the area around the plug is a little weak, I think I can get away with just patching them. I dont think I need the entire floor skin. The rusted areas looks surface, wont know till I take a wire wheel to it, but I figure if they clean up fine, I can get away with just por-15.

this needs a patch

this can probably just be cut and patched

Comment

the driver side isnt as bad, save for one spot it looks like its all surface rust.

the spot by the parking brake looks like its the worst spot

Comment

peeking under the car I noticed something, please dont be jealous Scott, but my wagon was equipped with a rear sway bar. I have no idea if it was OE or installed sometime long ago, the condition of it shows its been on the car for quite a while. Id guess that if it was OE it is because the added weight over the rear end would cause adverse handling.

lastly, in the storage compartment under the bed floor, there is some rot in the same area on both sides. I kind of knew about this before hand, but I'll have it cut and patched before it gets worse.

Comment

Not bad at all.

Dan

Comment

Really not bad at all- A weekends worth of work if you dick around.
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah, the rust isnt nearly as bad as I feared. I was going to rip out the rear carpets, but then I decided not to cuz it looks more labor intensive. the front carpet tore to shreds as I pulled it out, but I need to hold on to it so I can use it as a template for when I order new carpet at some point.

I reached up under the dash too and was able to jimmy open the glove box. the PO ripped the liner out, probably because the lock will not open. I am going to take the door off eventually and have a locksmith pick and key the lock for me if they can. worst case I will try to track down a new lock for it. did find something neat when I opened the door, someone glued a 1966 quarter to the inside of the glovebox door. Must be for good luck, so I am going to leave it be.

Comment

The original trunk key should open the glove box lock. My glovebox was missing as well. Just cardboard stapled into a three sided box anyways.

My rear is cleaner than your rear.
                              Last edited by Scott Liggett; April 2, 2014, 06:19 PM.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Like it.........long roof racer
                                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X