No announcement yet.

The War Wagon... decaring wars on the grocery store since 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a 350 4 bolt sitting here but with you being on the other side of the country it's hardly worth mentioning.

Comment

• Congrats on the blog ink!
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
        1966 Chevrolet Bel-Air station wagon.

Late to the party, but that is an awesome longroof ... and I agree with Scott, build a 383 for that puppy !!!

Comment

• A 383 will make a huge difference. They are extremely popular because they make big torque over any 355. Our company's biggest seller.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I agree with Scott on this one... I would probably go with the aluminum headed roller Base Dressed Engine

$4,495

430 HP / 450 FT LBS
            Cast Steel Crank

• BP38313CTC1
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The thing to remember about building your own engine is that if anything goes wrong with it the warranty is your wallet. If you buy a crate engine it comes with some type of warranty but you don't get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I'm sure more than one of us have assembled a motor only to have it fail prematurely. If you do build it, DO NOT get in a hurry.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                  What? Large grins and dropped chins?
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

yeah... might want to consider the consequences of a high torque motor in a large long roof...
                    What might that be?

Comment

• High torque engines in long roofs!
                      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• Why...Epic launches of course!
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; January 11, 2015, 04:03 PM.
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I agree with Scott on this one... I would probably go with the aluminum headed roller Base Dressed Engine

$4,495

430 HP / 450 FT LBS
                          Cast Steel Crank
                          • BP38313CTC1

Yep. That's the one. Here's what it sounds like.

1965 Chevrolet El Camino, Blueprint Engines 383 CID crate engine, Flowmaster Super 44's, Hedman Hedders, Holley 770 cfm Street Avenger carb, American Racing ...
                          Last edited by Scott Liggett; January 11, 2015, 08:39 PM.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• nice. that Elco sounding amazing. I will definitely consider that vs building one. would take a good bit of saving for that beast, time to put in some OT. I know that building one has a risk of failure, regardless of how good a my buddy's dad is, stuff can always go wrong... Ive not even researched the costs of everything with building a stroker. plus who is to say that a block I buy off of CL or out of a yard would even be good in the first place.

i know its the plan, just have not gotten to the planning stage yet lol Im not really one to rush stuff, took me several months before I knew what a 700 swap would entail before I began hacking the car apart last year. A 383 will end up in this car eventually, I think a stroker would suit this car better than an LS swap..

sadly no rich uncles to speak of. Just your regular old baller on a budget lol. I'd say I could win the lottery, but I dont gamble haha. Need to find me a sugar momma.
                            Last edited by Shelty; January 11, 2015, 10:19 PM.
                            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• I'm not sure parting out Hellinor is a good idea but then who am I to judge

Comment

• lol, that car is not going anywhere, Im the 2nd owner of that mustang, parents bought it brand new in dec 2004 (has an 11/04 door sticker build date) I bought it from them in 2011. its a 78,000 mile car with some tasteful mods, full suspension, rims/tires, CAI/axleback/tune, shifter, gears etc. I have all the dealer paperwork from when they bought it and the window sticker.

never getting rid of it, short of it getting hit by a truck. at which point id buy either a fully restored 71 fastback, a 64-68 barracuda or a 2015 style stang.
                                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
                                X