No announcement yet.

1988 chevy 1500 IRS swap / drift truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first thought was, at the price of propane and it being 50% as efficient - why bother? then I saw Canada and it all made sense.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

updates...

Last edited by freetard; September 14, 2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

The good ole 509 block 400. You stroking it too? Who's heads are those?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cool project! That's a pretty slick idea putting the Lincoln IRS in.,You did a nice job on it. I was thinking the same that a Crown Vic front clip would be pretty slick. I wonder how hard it would be to install? Judging from the IRS swap, it wouldn't be too hard for you.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

de-stroking it... 377
            every 400ci block has had its crank stolen to build a 383. this ones going to run a cast 350 crank that we got from craigslist for $60. and the main bearing spacers came with the pistons for $160.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

redoing the front suspention and steering is on the list

Comment

Really diggin this truck...like your direction. Whats up with the Vega?

Comment

Originally posted by freetard View Post

de-stroking it... 377
                  every 400ci block has had its crank stolen to build a 383. this ones going to run a cast 350 crank that we got from craigslist for $60. and the main bearing spacers came with the pistons for $160.

Hey, I was one of those guys. Got mine out of a '72 Caprice at the junkyard.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Trucks back on the road. Trying a deadheaded fuel system now. Return style wasnt working well, fuel pressure was all over the place and the truck was running like crap.

also found a pic from the dyno day. 200hp and 305 torque's.

Last edited by freetard; October 12, 2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

50% off at pick n pull today. proper brackets for accessories, fans for the big ass rad we got last year, hydro boost for the brakes, and a cooler for the power steering / hydro boost. all for about $100

Comment

Freetard, Is there somewhere your pictures are hosted? only 2 total are loading on the first page. i'm interested in doing this swap, i have a 1988 c1500 and a full aluminum MN12 IRS with the adco sway bars. the thunderbird has been growing weeds for a few years mostly because i have too much invested in the suspension to let it go for scrap pricing.

Comment

yeah i dont know why all the pictures stopped working, i'll try to fix it.

up date. more parts for the new engine

Comment

looks like the links to the pictures are broken for ever.
                            but lots can be found here https://www.facebook.com/Jake.Gowans/photos_all, and also some here https://www.facebook.com/andrew.brow...7296157&type=3

Comment

update...

old motor is out, waiting for a rebuild and a new home.

Comment

new motor and trans just about ready to drop in

377 ci, 509 400ci block bored .030 over with arp studs, cast 350 crank, PM rods with arp bolts, 200cc aluminum heads, comp xe274s solid tappet cam,victor jr,

$150 super t10, with a $15 hurst mystery shifter
                                Last edited by freetard; July 5, 2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X