its on 30" but not a donk my 79 malibu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its on 30" but not a donk my 79 malibu

Figured i start off my first post with my current project.
    it started out life as a v6 G-body malibu. and it stayed in that for for the better part of 25 years.
    until i got it...
    here is what is looked like when i started.

it was a good running car my friend had swaped in a 307sbc and a saginaw 4speed. I really enjoyed driving it and left is as is for a few years.

Then i got a bug and bagged it on some new wheels i went with a 18, 20 combo

added new brakes and re did the interior.

I rocked this car for a few years just bagged and low did a motor swap to a healthy 383 and a muncie m22 it it really came to life..... until i got bored

so started planing this whole build about a year ago and 2 months ago i started the tear down.

Then i started the frame build.

I left the old frame on there so i can make sure i get my body mounts in the right place

I chose to reinforce the factory frame under the body to ensure nothing would flex ot twist when i add me new motor power plant.
    here is what i came up with

have to make room for my new tires im going to be running a 20x15 with a mickey thompson sportsman 30x15 under the body. and stuffed well in to the fender wells.
    and more pictures
    here is the tires resting in place

im waiting on my link bushings so i built a cross member for the trans
    i dont have a finished picture but you get the idea. i know the trans mount is upside down i was just setting it on there

here is the link bracket for the front i made nothing is welded in just resting. i will be running a parell 4 link with a watts link
    and i will running the air bags in a mechainal advanatage setup with 2 link running forward to the cross member and there are only used
    as a lift bars

here are some bag mounts i came up with i will be using on this project.

so in all here is what i started this rebuild project with

and here is what i plan in it being when it done

comments and suggestions good or bad are greatly appreciated. im still learning everything and everyone has something to offer!

Cool to see the progression of your project through the years. thanks for posting. I'm looking at bagging my 62 Stude wagon so interested in some of your setup.
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

neat, I'm doing a similar set up on my 50 Buick Sedanet
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That is a nice build.
        I drove one with a 350, until frame broke in 3 places. You know how much it needs.. I really like that.

the stick shift, losing nothing.. wow. that must be incredible.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

this came in the mali yesterday for the motor side of it.
          kinda of getting excited about getting the body back on this upcoming month, i hope to have a car that is semi put back together by july.

Comment

boost always makes it better! Will you take it to the drag strip? I like the way you did the frame
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Yea im sure it will see a few track days but not many.

Comment

Got the end links for the 4 link yesterday hoping to find the time this weekend to ge the rear all linked up. and start making my preps to get the body back on

Comment

Here are some updates,
                  i Got my shock and upper link arms set up for the air bags. here is some pics and a video
                  here was a video of my innitial design i did on solidworks

and some pics of how it came out pretty close to my design had to make a few changes due to space restrictions but all in all it worked out well

a little video of working.

I got my floor designed in solidworks the framework is a little to rudimentary for my liking so im gonna refine it a bit but yall get the just of it.

i also got my watts link setup done.

video if it in action

seems like its taking forever to get anything done on this. but next up is my 12pt cage. and then some sheet metal work
                  here is the car with the body back on for some mock up

Comment

Lol...that things BadAss! I like it!

Comment

Good God, your fab work is impressive.
                      So what is the plan for the car - AutoX/Road race events? Just a sweet, well built street cruiser?
                      You're going to have one sorted chassis by the time you're all done, I bet it will be a sweet driver no matter your plans.

Comment

thanks guys, im just a self taught builder i just want to make a ridiculous street car..

Comment

You mean you are not restoring back to stock?
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I can only assume your gonna box the shock brackets and 4 links.

Comment

Well let me tell you - ridiculous street car will definitely be something you'll have.

I'm going to enjoy following along!

Comment

Working...
                              X