1982 malibu wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1982 malibu wagon

Nice DWB.....it will make the chrome bumper pop more......what will the final wheel combo be like?
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I don"t know if your using bumper or not buy....since boyh bumps look yo be the same as elco bumpers you may want to look at the thin smooth fiberglass ones at laurenengineering.com since the black body of your wagon and the new blackness of your grill, look so slick and awesome ........it be like Darth Vaders ride!

Comment

Im thinking about putting a red pinstripe on mine so I can be aka Boba Fett....... ;D
        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I like the black out treatment!

A pinstripe may really make it pop - or - make it look too 70's.... I'm not sure.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I have given up on chroming the bumpers for now. I was thinking of black chrome paint, but with the cost and the fact that it will just get chipped off, I decided to just paint them to match the body for now.

I need some sand/abrasive for the blaster. I hope to have the bumpers fitted next week

the glass bumpers would be cool, but I am resisting spending more $$ on this thing. I also have spent time cutting these up and smoothing them and eliminating the fillers, the look should be similar

Luke,.................I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!
            A.K.A. Brian
            Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

383s-10, not positive on the wheels.

I have 4 front iroc wheels for it, however the b-body spindle/brake setup widens the front track a little. If the IROC wheels don't look right(too wide in front) I will keep the z-28 wheels or get some torque thrust 2s for it
              A.K.A. Brian

Comment

smooth man... i like it.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

You are now famous.

http://bangshift.com/blog/Project-Ca...ibu-Wagon.html
                  "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Good job on the wagon. Here is a pic I posted way back in April '09 of our Wagon. Back then it was powered by a 305/TH200M combination. Running 18's in the 1/4...LOL!

This is how it sits as of this past Sunday. Haven't done any body work to it because we like'em to go fast first. Then if there is any money left over we will pretty'em up.

The engine is a Dart headed and Comp cammed 408 sbc, backed up by a TH400 with a 2400 stall convertor. In the rear is a GM 12 bolt with a full spool, Moser 33 spline axles, 4.56 gears and hooked up with BMR and Iceman components. The plan is to take it into the 10's with a small shot of laughing gas. Then swap out the TH400 for a stout TH200R4, a lot less rear end gear and drive it on the Power Tour next year. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                      Pretty cool, thanks guys.

I don't know what to say.......I'm not worthy :o

We HAVE had burnouts, just haven't had an assistant to document it, YET

Stay tuned

A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Well since the smothering heat has let up a little...........AND the fact that you guys make me feel sooo lazy, I got a little work done last night.

blasted the bumpers, welded studs in the top holes of rear bumper to fill holes, and welded the rear bumper ends up solid. Hopefully the weather will hold and I can get some more done this afternoon

A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Nice work.

Your original work on these bumpers gave me the idea to attempt making a rear bumper for the ranger out of the front bumper on the econline that's been sitting behind my shop for years waiting for me to cut out the drivetrain with a torch and haul the rest in for scrap. It already lost it's rear bumper to another truck I sold, why let the front go to scrap? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                            Nice work.

Your original work on these bumpers gave me the idea to attempt making a rear bumper for the ranger out of the front bumper on the econline that's been sitting behind my shop for years waiting for me to cut out the drivetrain with a torch and haul the rest in for scrap. It already lost it's rear bumper to another truck I sold, why let the front go to scrap? ;D
                            So that's where my van is! Now you tell me... :o ;D
                            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

NO NO NO Mike - different van - much much much uglier, rustier, and nearly useless.... only keeping it around for the storage scrap, engine trans and axle, and - the fact that it's just never been convenient to cut it up when I happened to have the time or motivation to do so! ;D
                              hijack over

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                                Originally posted by milner351
                                Nice work.

So that's where my van is! Now you tell me... :o ;D
                                BWAAAA! that's funny chit.....now you know they are gonna scrap your van.....

as my dad says "do ya think we can save it?" ;D

I thought we were going to get some pics??? Watch for Milners Mustang in the background!!!! ;D ;D
                                A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X