Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy View Post
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I know. I mostly did that because the heat blows out right into head of this thing....seemed like a good way to let it out.

Makes sense now you explained it... You thought it out better than I did...
    I'd probably "accidently" heat the back seat altho nobody ever rides in my back seats...

Comment

• Great googlie mooglies, DWB is back! Great to see you old friend. Hope life down south continues to treat you well. Nice to see your spectacular craftsmanship back on these pages. Did you use greenlee dies to make those holes? I picked up a set used a while back, been itching to try them out. Cheers to a healthy happy 2019 one and all!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Great googlie mooglies, DWB is back! Great to see you old friend. Hope life down south continues to treat you well. Nice to see your spectacular craftsmanship back on these pages. Did you use greenlee dies to make those holes? I picked up a set used a while back, been itching to try them out. Cheers to a healthy happy 2019 one and all!
        Well how the heck are ya doing John? Long time no see!

Yes, the back woods Hill-Billy life is where I belong. I don't even like visiting big city's these days.

Thanks, I cut the holes with my set of Blair annular cutters, then used a dimple die in my bottle jack press. The all in one would be nice though, Mittler Bros makes some nice ones too. My dimple dies came from a guy on garage journal I believe, several years ago.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year!
        A.K.A. Brian
        Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• I've yet to try the greenlee dies. I think the first application will be firewall holes for ac/heater hoses, or maybe even using them for conduit entrances as they were originally intended.
          I also have some ideas for a sheet metal console similar to what you've done but no where near as fancy, a good excuse to break in my shear/break/roll a console for the truck with cupholders, gauges, 12v/usb chargers, and a spot for the reverse camera screen, but instead of making it pretty like you did - I plan to cover it with carpet :-)
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
          X