Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1982 malibu wagon

Nice project.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

little update....

Yesterday I painted the jams on the doors. I switched to a medium catalyst and thinned the clear 10% with medium reducer. the paint flowed out much better while requiring less material to keep the slick finish. Most important, no solvent pops!

It will be a week or so before I can start back on the body.
      A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

man you do good work!

I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough to paint a car black!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
          Nice project.
          THANKS!

Originally posted by milner351
          man you do good work!

I'm not sure I'll ever be brave enough to paint a car black!
          LOL thanks,it's nothing but time.....and collecting some equipment.

This is my second black bace/clear project. First was a s-10 2wd 2door blazer. It turned out very nice tp my surprise! It had a louvered hood and 5 "shark gills" punched into each fender. It also has a 383 and 700r4. I sold it to build this garage......It didn't cover it
          A.K.A. Brian

Comment

no worries - garages/shops/barns are sort of like hot rods - they'll never be done either!

in the past 5 years since I've had my shop - I'm quite sure I've spent WAY more on equipment than I have on any cars!

Comment

here is the new shop, that I will be in once I get moved. I don't even have power yet so I'm trying to get as much done as possible before moving the pile!!.....and the entire shop :
              A.K.A. Brian

Comment

Great looking place - and a great dog too - he looks worn out!

that shape of building is excellent - since it affords you either a ton of headroom (for a hoist) and / or a ton of good storage room in the "hay loft"

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWhiteBoy

here is the new shop, that I will be in once I get moved. I don't even have power yet so I'm trying to get as much done as possible before moving the pile!!.....and the entire shop :
                  Is there storage under the floor in the back? I really like the building, very nice!

X2 on the dog,lol!

The wagon is turning out great, nice work.

Comment

That is what I need to build next is a shop garage..........
                    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

The new shop has 12' height for the 1st level it's 30 x 34 (room for a lift ;D)2nd floor has 8' ceiling, it measures about 20 x 34 and will be a wood shop/storage. No storage under the slab, the poured walls and slab were more than the rest of if so far. so that was out of the question. DANG HILLS! :D
                      A.K.A. Brian

Comment

I really like this project... and frankly... I might beat you to a two door version... I just think it needs to be done...

K

Comment

light is good, halide is a great choice - that way if you decide not to build cars, you can grow stuff in their, like your own private greenhouse... I also said I wouldn't move into my shop before it was finished.... hahahaha yeah right. Anyway, once I move the stuff back out I'll paint the floors....
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've been working on the shop and working IN the shop since the day I got it.
                            I've had floor paint for over 3 years - still don't have it on the floor!

someday -

I'm telling you - shops are just like car projects - NEVER DONE!

Comment

These shop comments are so true, I did as much as I could before moving in, as soon as the vehicles were in all shop progress stoped :
                              I still have shelves to put up and drywall to finish... someday :P

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                                I really like this project... and frankly... I might beat you to a two door version... I just think it needs to be done...

K
                                I'll have to get and post pics of my buddy's 2 door LeMans wagon with T-tops.
                                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X