malc?s Camaro Gets Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malc?s Camaro Gets Paint

Not yet though, it?ll be a week or so more.
    As it was a blue sky day.

And I had a day to myself I decided it was time to strip out the Camaro for paint,
    I got a price from the painter man a couple of months ago.I strip out the trim and remove mirrors,
    bumpers etc., and he gives me a better price.

Of all the places to get rust I got it on the roof, so this will have to be cut out.
    It?s nearly through.

The Spanish sun has burnt the clear right off the roof as well.

Amazingly the headliner is in pretty good shape.

He will tidy up the various bad spots and paint the car for the sum of 1,650.00 USD.

Re: malc?s Camaro Gets Paint

So,you're going to have re-shot in Silver(Color changes in any 3'rd-gen F-body's a real Bitch :P....)then,"M"? I noticed you've got a Black Interior...my Red '87's got a Black Interior....used Black Interior bits are pretty hard to find in Salvage Yards---you don't see many that came with them from new. ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Same color to keep it simple.
      I do need tops for the interior door trim and the inner trim over the door opening inside,
      right side acceptable, left warped.
      Plus some of those "break on disassembly clips" that fix them in place.
      On the whole the parts came out quite easily.
      "New" door tops can run to $140 a pair, GM don?t make them anymore.
      Also need window weather stripping for the doors outside.
      I have all the door rubbers new in their boxes waiting.
      Dash pad is cracked and a hard cover for that runs $140 as well.

Comment

Malc, question...

Do you intend to install the factory aero package(ala Z28/RS) to tie in with the nose spoiler?

That would really tie it all together IMHO....no need for a spoiler/wing, but the other pieces would look good.

Comment

I was asked that when I bought the nose pieces for the car but honestly I?m not fond of screwing pieces to doors and rocker panels.
          Before going to paint I?m seriously thinking of getting "new" doors, mine have rust on the front part where the hinges are welded, I need to investigate further it?s a bummer of a place to work on.
          I can get "power doors" for $250 the pair but have?nt contacted the seller yet about shipping, guaranteed no rust btw.
          Things have worked all wrong at the moment, I?ve set up the deal to get painted but only have Sundays free to prep the car.

Comment

Malc, have you checked with Sherman's yet?

Comment

Checked my doors again today and they are holed above and under the lower hinges.
              I just spoke to "Youngs F-Body", they have doors but the guy was worried about
              shipping then so far.
              He?s going to e mail me a shipping quote..............................fingers crossed etc.

http://www.youngsfbody.com/inc/sdetail/1975

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                Malc, have you checked with Sherman's yet?

http://www.shermanparts.com/
                I checked them but no doors apart from skins and mine are good.
                I see they have floor pans...........for Tiresmoke ?
                ;D
                Expensive though.

Comment

Dont know about shipping costs,but there are a lot of parts up here in Scandinavia.A lot.If you need anything,i can find adresses and net sites.

There are a big junkyard near Brussel too.

American Car Recycling vandenberg USA Cars - Bernie van den Berg - Axel, Netherlands. Your #1 Salvageyard for Europe! We ship parts worldwide!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                    Dont know about shipping costs,but there are a lot of parts up here in Scandinavia.A lot.If you need anything,i can find adresses and net sites.
                    There are a big junkyard near Brussel too.
                    American Car Recycling vandenberg USA Cars - Bernie van den Berg - Axel, Netherlands. Your #1 Salvageyard for Europe! We ship parts worldwide!
                    Thanks alot I bookmarked the site and have put in a request.

Anymore would be more than welcome, dammit I could drive there.
                    :D

Comment

This place specializes in Camaro and Firebird.Crappy site,but they have access to alot of parts there..

Swedens biggest junkyard for american cars.

They have a lot here,but parts for older cars go fast..

Comment

Thanks ;D I can see what?s going on but I can?t read Swede. ;D

Comment

Havent you got the swedish language through the swedish chef??? ;D

Send them a mail if you want parts.They talk english too,so a phonecall shouldnt get difficult.

There are also numerous sites with parts and cars here,so nearly everything can be bought.

One here..

Comment

I?m waiting on two sources to reply to me on shipping costs, in the meantime I took my car to the body man.
                            He reckons he can fix this mess but would?nt give me a price until he?d seen the rot up close.
                            So today I knocked up a fixture to hold the door while I unhinged it, tommorrow evening I?ll get it to him.
                            A replacement rust free door would be the choice but it all comes down to money, if fixing it is
                            cheaper I?ll go with that.

It was time for the doors to come off just to see to this as well on the A pillar.

Comment

Malc, those pictures are going to give me nightmares :'( I like that door holder though!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X