No announcement yet.

Jeep CJ7 Rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An advantage to being a Grandpa guy - you can claim old age and watch from the sidelines cheering them on. My Grand Daughters both play baseball and we attend their games when we're in St. Paul. No physical effort (or sore body parts) required.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      Yep. Was maybe going to take today off to catch up on work at home. Ankle is as bad as it's ever been......might as well go in to work and gimp around there, not going to do much ambulatory stuff at home.
      Go to work and rest... Yeah, been accused of that...

Comment

• the change to winter has been brutal this year, I'm blaming the beautiful weather we had since, well, January... it's been warmer then normal and my bones were quite happy with that - now it's back to normal (wet, cold) weather and I'm paying about a 50% steeper price in pain.... not happiness.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Only 50%?!? Wait till you hit 60!
          I get pain where I didn't know I could!

Comment

• yes, but by then I figure I'll be in the learned-helplessness state

Comment

• 50%,....yeah....

On that thought, can't recall my previous sprains being quite so colorful?

Played hooky anyways Friday, had house work to do. Screw you ankle pain.

Almost there....concrete pour in near future...just that upper left corner and trench for underfloor drainage tile.

My stairs are floating. Actually hanging from the ceiling.

And even some Jeep work. Late YJ family style roll bar installed.

Last edited by STINEY; January 24, 2018, 02:48 PM.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Made a run in between the other activities to pickup another CJ7 chassis for parts for the Willys CJ-2A project.

Guy had a hood with less tweaks than mine, and a rust free grill shell - $50 for the pair. Sold!

I absolutely love the names they put on 70's tires.

Looks like I scored an exhaust too. Who needs a muffler anyways?

I wanted one of these drawbar/bumper things for my CJ7. More parts for Brian to paint, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  What do you guys do at the shop for "flat proof"-ing a tire?
                  Try a search on "TireBalls" Beags. Interesting concept.

Comment

• Cleared the Turkey cooking apparatus from the shop and did some work. Not much worth pictures though.

Snubbers with stainless hardware.

Went to put the new AMC20 cover on with its new stainless capscrews........and I'll be dipped in #*$*.......5 of those POS's were stuck enough AGAIN to cause breakage to my T40 bit.

Unreal.

Especially when you consider that I just tossed the terribly rusted stock cover back on to keep the sandblaster sand out and spun the stock torx head bolts in BY HAND - no ratchet, just my hands on an extension. Those things are possessed.

I noticed they are also gun-drilled. Apparently AMC knew they were crap and gun-drilled them for strength? I'll never understand that torx design - since when do you get more leverage on the hub of a wheel than the outside diameter of a circle?

Anyhow. Finally got them out with much drama. Didn't want to use heat with the fresh paint on the housing, so a big chisel and hammer were my friends that day.

Also robbed the brand-new 20-year old rear shocks from the chassis I drug home. They were in great shape, honestly I do not believe they have any miles on them at all. I repainted them white and will toss them on as soon as I put the new axle u-bolts on first.

Last edited by STINEY; December 1, 2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Sand must have blasted them on tighter?
                      I would have dipped them in lightoil (Marvel or diesel) before just setting them back in..
                      EVERY BLEEPITY BLEEPING TORX has some kinda coating on them! So it seems..
                      I also HATE torxes. .
                      Seat belts that lose the hard plastic cover are especially aggravating to remove!

Comment

• a stainless snub? that's one hard, non-rusting snub.

wait wait.... I have more

are twenty-year-old shocks when your 20 year old daughter comes home after a weekend with friends - and you know her friends stayed home?

Comment

• Groan......(facepalm)

Comment

• yes, this

Comment

• Allededly instigating a FJ40 build motivated me to revive my own 14 year old project, so yeah, thanks Aaron.

Comment

• on that note - I'm getting close it starting it.... waiting on coolant, an adapter and a wiring harness from Holley... I figure it'd be cool to start it without the body on the chassis

Comment

Working...
                                X