No announcement yet.

The DisAstre project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'd have thought they would just take the batteries out? I wonder if they vertipacked them with fuel and fluids in them? sounds like it would just be a big mess
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
      you'd have thought they would just take the batteries out? I wonder if they vertipacked them with fuel and fluids in them? sounds like it would just be a big mess
      It was set up so they could drive them up to the railcar for loading and away from the railcar after unloading
      " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

ah, yeah guess that makes sense, Id like to meet the engineers behind that one lol

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
          ah, yeah guess that makes sense, Id like to meet the engineers behind that one lol

beancounters...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working on painting the underside of the car with POR-15 today.. My 15 year old daughter is helping.. I have to say that whatever is in the POR-15 metal prep is nasty stuff. The metal started to flash rust almost immediately .. The "Hold tight" that was added to the glass bead slurry kept things from rusting for over a month!
            Last edited by Hoffbug; November 29, 2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

You're lucky to have high-quality help! The car looks good, too.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; November 29, 2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Hey..hey..HEY! you don't paint EBOLA on your car! looking good! Always loved the 215's and Vega platforms! Helper looks safe!

Comment

Things are kind of moving slow... Working on rust repair and blasting and rebuilding parts.. Had a rendering done of what the finished car should look like...

Comment

nice, who did you have do the rendering?

Comment

Tristan Pengelly.. renderingsbytristan.wix.com/renderingsbytristan

Comment

that looks sweet. makes me want an Astre now

Comment

Got some more parts out for powdercoating and still working on rust repairs.. I started rebuilding the heater box. H-Bodys have a constant on fan and full coolant circulation.. If the foam is disintegrated on the heater box doors youll get hot air blowing on you... The Cosworth Vega Owners assocaition sells a rebuild kit that should make the job easier

Comment

cool, literally

Comment

Comment

those will look awesome on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X