No announcement yet.

The DisAstre project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The valve covers I ordered last June finally arrived today. ..I'm guessing the demand for Oldsmobile 215 valve covers is pretty light...Glad I could still get a set even with the wait.
    " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

those look like they're worth the wait.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Shiney!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Those are a sweet looking pair!

Comment

My Buick Offy covers looked great, too. When I ordered mine (YEARS ago) Offy said that the would sell anything they ever made if you were willing to wait for it. Evidently they have kept all the molds but they have to dig them out and get them cast and finished.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; March 31, 2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks.. Now I have to figure out what to use for breathers.. Im not real familiar with the twist off caps like these are set up for.. I looked around a bit and there are a couple of places that sell twist off breather caps...Trans Dapt, Specter, and Mr Gasket...

Comment

The car is off the Rotisserie... A few shots of some of the rust repair competed and In progress.

Comment

When youre done with that rust repair...I know a guy with an old Plymouth that could use some attention....

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Just ordered some ridetech RQ monoshocks from none other that RideTech-Ryan... He had to create a new part number for the rear shocks.. Must not be a lot of H-Bodies out there running a street setup.. Hope the valving works out OK for my app..

Comment

Engine and transmission mockup for mount fabrication.

Comment

Shocks arrived today..

Comment

nice!

So, I'm wondering if you experienced the same thing.... did you spend more on shocks then you did on the purchase of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            nice!

So, I'm wondering if you experienced the same thing.... did you spend more on shocks then you did on the purchase of the car?
                            HA...I understand...I waffled over this purchase for a while...The thing is there are no other performance shocks available for an H-Body...Other than Spax in Europe at $209 a shock.. I paid a little over double the cost of the shocks for the purchase of the car . ;-)
                            Last edited by Hoffbug; May 18, 2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

A Jeep just came up for sale near me, it has 1 ton axles, air lockers, pretty much everything I've done to my FJ40.... for about 1/3 the cost of what I've done... speed costs money, how much do you want to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                                A Jeep just came up for sale near me, it has 1 ton axles, air lockers, pretty much everything I've done to my FJ40.... for about 1/3 the cost of what I've done... speed costs money, how much do you want to spend?
                                Thats just the thing.. Almost everything else in my life is like a Pluggers cartoon... The Chevelle and the DisAstre are getting all the dough.. The Chevlle runs mid 11's .. The DisAstre wont even be fast LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X