• Show
Clear All

• A color has been chosen.. Its Mecedes Benz Iridium Silver
    " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

• That is a mouthful..
      Hope it pleases you..nevermind anybody else... Well your better half

Comment

• Stopped by the body shop to drop the bumpers off...It's coming along. Lots of panels had to be cut and filled to get the body lines right...GM never gave a rats ass about that kind of quality on anything back then..let alone an economy car like a Vega .

Comment

• My Vega fit better than my Monte Carlo... looking good!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Things have been a little slow with the car still at the body shop. I found these online. .LED headlights that look somewhat stock...draw only 25 watts... puts out 4000 lumen.

Comment

• I got word that the car should be in primer soon.. Maybe by the end of this week.. Ill post some pictures if I can get down and snap some .. Spent all winter working on vintage snowmobiles .. Not much snow in my area but I did manage to get out to a show the end of January..

Comment

• Blocking, sanding, and priming in progress.

Comment

• The paint is done. Now I'm in for it. I have to get the Chevelle put together and clean the garage to open up a space so the DisAstre can come home next weekend. I got screwed last weekend and got " volunteered " at the last minute to chaperone for my youngest daughter's overnight Relay for Life event event at her high school and got nothing done.

Comment

• Looks good!

Dan

Comment

• I don't think the factory paint EVER looked that great!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I don't think the factory paint EVER looked that great!
                        You got a problem with orange peel!!?? But he completely messed up the panel gaps - they're supposed to taper, especially around the doors. I believe the spec is 1/2" to 1/16", +/-.

Dan

Comment

• Been working on the Chevelle along with a million other stupid things... Meanwhile Im still picking up a few parts here and there for the DisAstre..

Found out that two 10" Spal fans fit the little Champion 3 core Vega radiator about perfect.. Not real powerhouses at only 802 CFM each.. But I think they will work with my application.

Do I even bother to block off the rest since the fans will be flush mounted?

Comment

• if they are flush mounted, I'm not sure... you could always try it and test it... just keep an eye on it so no issues rear their ugly heads...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• When you're bored so you do your own fake magazine shoot.

The Chevelle is out of the way and the DisAstre is back in the work Zone.

Comment

• Ain't no way that it will pass for a factory piece with those body gaps....Awesome!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X