No announcement yet.

The DisAstre project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the well deserved recognition!: https://bangshift.com/general-news/p...e-paint-booth/
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Well Ill be.. That was a surprise to see that roll across my FB feed today... Thanks Bryan!
      " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

• I love the name! DisAstre.

Did you hear about the lady that backed into the airplane propeller? DisAstre!

Comment

• You got the 3rd catsrophe done.. Should be smooth sailing..
          Loving this project. Always wanted to do this or a 350/4 speed in a Spyder equippped Monza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
            I love the name! DisAstre.

Did you hear about the lady that backed into the airplane propeller? DisAstre!
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Not much new to report although the purchases and scheming continue.
              Last edited by Hoffbug; July 10, 2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Taking the day Saturday to help a friend out with his FED.. I need the day at the track badly.
                Last edited by Hoffbug; July 10, 2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Figuring out some things for the cooling system. looks like the 10" cooling fans I ordered won't fit in the puller position so I'm sending them back.. Looking at pusher fans and I think I can fit two 11 inch fans in.. should work better too ... 1310 free flow CFM compared to 802 on the pullers.. also the 11 inch have a 5 blade design so they won't block as much airflow when cruising. Double the amperage,double the price though. ~Always brainstorming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
                    ... 1310 free flow CFM compared to 802 on the pullers..
                    So when I talked to SPAL about their straight blade vs curved blade - the guy told me that even though the curved blade was rated at higher CFM that the straight blade was a better fan for difficult to cool vehicles. Might give em a call to see if you get the same answer. I will tell you the straight blades are a little louder

Comment

• We put SPAL curved blade fans on the Xtreme, we have no issues with them.... However, we tried to use their variable speed fan controller and when it failed prematurely, we found that their customer service left a lot to be desired....
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Good things to know.. Its a tiny little aluminum radiator.. Basically an aluminum version of the Vega with AC or the Cosworth Vega unit.. Its only a 200 HP engine and its all aluminum so I hope I can get by without a lot of butchery. Once I start the wiring Il have to look a little closer but I believe the EZ -EFI has a temperature triggered fan control built in.. Ill just have to wire the power supply and relays appropriately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
                          Good things to know.. Its a tiny little aluminum radiator.. Basically an aluminum version of the Vega with AC or the Cosworth Vega unit.. Its only a 200 HP engine and its all aluminum so I hope I can get by without a lot of butchery. Once I start the wiring Il have to look a little closer but I believe the EZ -EFI has a temperature triggered fan control built in.. Ill just have to wire the power supply and relays appropriately.
                          I'm switching the Volvo over to letting the EZ-EFI switch the fans. Let you know how that works out. I already have the fans on relays and I think all I have to do is attach the wire that used to feed thru the temp switch to the wire from the EFI unit. Guess we'll find out!

Dan

Comment

• I have to find a small transmission cooler too..I guess I'll mount it midships in front of one of the fans.

Do you think a small stack plate would be too Boujee??

Comment

• I have had good luck with stacked plate coolers. Not sure what dimension small is and where you can mount it to get good air flow but properly located / sized - they will do a good job

Comment

• Working on the rear torque arm mount today.

Comment

Working...
                                X