Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Your experience at making your own clutch linkage rods ought to help. The pivot point on the frame will have to move forward for sure though.
    That bracket is easily moved forward as wel.l
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
      Cool. What are the plans?
      Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Drive it.
      ​No plans? Just going to drive it? You sure get a lot of work done for a guy without a plan!

Cool to see the progress. Keep up the good work.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Drive the wheels off of it Scott! Trucks were meant to work!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

​No plans? Just going to drive it? You sure get a lot of work done for a guy without a plan!

Cool to see the progress. Keep up the good work.

Spending a little time making the truck comfy and reliable is all I am doing. Doing as much as I can on the cheap.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• My five minute fix today. Got a pair of sun visors from a '72 Chevy C20 that looks to have belonged to the county roads dept and in use until last year. BTW, that truck has an 010 block 350 sitting in it.

My visor split at the seams and the cover came off leaving me this flimsy board that was near worthless.

They are off white in color which will make it easy to hit them with fabric paint later on.

It looks like the truck didn't originally have a passenger side visor. You can see where they marked out where it's supposed to go and butchered the headliner a bit to install one. BTW, how much could a second sun visor cost in 1967? $3.00? I read where F41 suspension option was like $25.00 on Impala's back then.

This was interesting. The passenger side visor I got has engine starting instructions. It's hard to read. Printed on some kind of cloth.

Found me one of the rallys I was looking for. Have a line on two more. Will try to get those tomorrow. No matter the case, I now have a spare tire.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Neither of my late 50s trucks has a pass side visor. They were standard in the Deluxe cab option Chevys, with the chrome knobs, arm rests, stainless window trim, etc.
              Last edited by squirrel; September 3, 2014, 11:10 PM.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                Neither of my late 50s trucks has a pass side visor. They were standard in the Deluxe cab option Chevys, with the chrome knobs, arm rests, stainless window trim, etc.
                This may be a Custom model with gauges, but it didnt have arm rests or stainless trim. It has metal door panels.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Sweet ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    It looks like the truck didn't originally have a passenger side visor. You can see where they marked out where it's supposed to go and butchered the headliner a bit to install one. BTW, how much could a second sun visor cost in 1967? $3.00? I read where F41 suspension option was like $25.00 on Impala's back then.
                    1967 was really the last year for the really "bare bones" trucks. My 67 did not have a PS visor either. Starting in 68 a lot more things became "standard" and things really took off in 1971 when they started to really load up trucks with disc brakes, A/C, automatics, V8s, fleet sides, etc.

For a comparison (assuming you find stock unmolested trucks) you are very likely to find a 1967 C10 as a stripped down, no options, straight six, 3 spd stepside truck. By 1972 most of the original trucks that you'll find today have a V8, A/C, automatics, power steering, power disc brakes, and a lot more trucks came as fleetsides and with trim packages.
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      Do the floors for auto trans trucks unbolt? I though it was only the SM420 equipped trucks that it unbolted, the "flat" floors are one piece with no opening.
                      No they don't unbolt, but last one I changed the opposite direction from auto to stick, both trucks had the pattern marked out on the floor. So you can cut around the pattern (including the bolt pattern) on the automatic truck, and then lay it over the stick truck's opening, and drill holes to make it a bolt in. Some J clips make it easy to install too.

Comment

• I believe big block trucks with the TH400 and all 4x4's, auto or manual, got the removable high hump cab. Anything with a straight six or TH350 got the low hump. It's been a while, but I think that's generally how it went...

It's easy to add one as mentioned above.
                        Last edited by Jesse James 80; September 4, 2014, 01:53 PM.
                        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• This weekend I pulled the dashboard out to replace broken temp and non-working amp gauge. I got these from the same '72 Chevy at the yard that I have been getting a bunch of stuff from.

Same truck gave up it's wiper motor. Looks like mine was from the junkyard. It worked but clicked all the time. Very annoying. It's easy to get to with the dash out. I also got the two hoses for the dash vents from the same truck.

Took a grinder to the rusty bits of the tool box, then my sander. Then primed it. Not I can see every damn dent.

I got some Rustoleum Stainless Steel paint. Came out more silver. I don't like it. Will reshoot it in a darker gray.
                          Last edited by Scott Liggett; September 7, 2014, 07:17 PM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Poor man's chrome box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Poor man's chrome box!

It's what I get for painting it Appliance Stainless Steel.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                                It's what I get for painting it Appliance Stainless Steel.
                                Somebody tried to paint one of my derby cars "chrome" with that appliance stainless stuff.. The kid sprayed them black on the trailer! Looked pretty bad! ... Your box isn't that bad... But not great.. You are in Neb, so white is probably best in summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X