No announcement yet.

Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, everything looks better lowered....

Comment

• I have no idea if it helps.... But I did a similar power steering swap on a 70 C20 a few years ago. I sourced everything from the yard. I used a PS bracket & pump off a '79 motor home, BUT! All the fullsize van brackets looked to be the same.
      There are some pictures in this thread. Also check out the water pump pulley.... If I remember correctly it used a long style pump but had a huge dished pulley to use the old style brackets.
      I won't junk up your thread with my pics, so here's the link. There are a couple OK pics of the bracket.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...1-c20-longhorn

Oh!! My buddy LOVED the power steering!!! They had used the truck on the farm since he was born and he used to blister his hands from muscling the dang thing through the orchard as a teen! You'll LOVE the 3.25 turns lock to lock compared to 5!!

And the wheels look sooooo good....I don't know if I could snap a trim ring into that beautiful powder coat!
      Last edited by andy30thz; October 3, 2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• I have no plans trim rings or caps. After they were stolen off the caprice, I kinda got used to the look without them.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I have no plans trim rings or caps. After they were stolen off the caprice, I kinda got used to the look without them.
          Back in the '80s, around here, it was understood that if you left Rally caps & rings on at night, they would be gone in the morning. I got used to them being off too. Now when I see a set of dressed Rally wheels at a show, they look weird.
          Last edited by 68scott385; October 3, 2014, 06:29 PM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Still got mine on my Suburban.. ..

Comment

• now your really makin me miss my 67 C20
              your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Several people here told me the same thing. Shovel snow into truck. Instant ballast. No cleaning it out in spring. Just melts away.
                Just make sure it's clean snow...NO SALT! it works great!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I think I am pretty safe shoveling from my own driveway.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Avoid yellow, of course.

Dan

Comment

• My Suburban has enough weight in the rear that it really gets around great in the snow, even with the 295-50-15 rear tires.

I've contemplated lowering it about 3" all around, but if I hook the car trailer on the back, and haul one of the cars to the drags, I don't want to be scraping every driveway I enter. I'll probably leave mine at stock height, and keep using like a truck.

Comment

• I could always throw the old wheels and tires in the bed for winter traction. It will get them out of the garage.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• The last time I drove a 2WD PU in the snow I had a 55 gal drum tied over the rear wheels filled with water. That helped.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                            The last time I drove a 2WD PU in the snow I had a 55 gal drum tied over the rear wheels filled with water. That helped.
                            Hope it is really tied down well! Hate to see nearly 400 lbs. of barrel and water coming at the back of the cab if it got loose in a crash!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post

Hope it is really tied down well! Hate to see nearly 400 lbs. of barrel and water coming at the back of the cab if it got loose in a crash!
                              I've got a 275 gallon tank in the back of mine right now... strapped to the bed right up against the cab. It makes the truck a little bit top heavy, and if it's only half full, the sloshing of 1100 pounds of water pushes the truck around.

I had a few hundred pounds of tractor weights in my C10 for improved ride, they fit between the wheel well and the tailgate pretty good but I should have bolted them down. They are not as intrusive as sand or gravel or water barrels, it doesn't take a big piece of steel to be really heavy. The thought I had about sand or gravel is you can shovel it under the tires if you get it stuck... Scott lives in tractor country now?
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• If it snows so much around here that I can't get down the road in town, I am not driving.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X